Who needs 1090 in/lbs? Do I?

Doof

These are open and real questions:

Who needs a drill like Makita's XPH07Z? Do I?

Is this level of power comparable to a strong, corded model, or above and beyond?

Is it actually unwieldy?

Is it excessive, where ~ 700 in/lbs is ideal?

What can it do (or what are it's advantages) over the 700+ in/lbs brushless models?

Is this a drill that a child should never use?

Is a drill like this with an active response accelerometer the true ideal combination?

Perhaps someone should take apart a Bosch and add it to this drill to give it a try.

I'm just interested in peoples thoughts, knowledge, and experience.

• 1 month later...

God forgive me for saying this, but I think we're getting to the point where the additional power isn't really needed much. I guess we'll get to the point where you can mix thin set with a cordless, but beyond that we're just breaking wrists aren't we? I've mixed grout with my M18 Fuel, but never thin set.

There are undoubtedly situations these monsters will excel, but I can assure you I wouldn't want one as my daily go to. I suppose if a fella had a heft 12V drill like the Milwaukee Fuel, he could reserve a beast like this only for the big jobs.

And no, I wouldn't let Conductor Jr. tackle any projects with a monster drill. He can stick to his 9V Ryobi

That makita will whip up a batch of thin set no problem. Do it all the time.

I don't think the drill is over powered at all. It has great delivery of the power.. plenty of clutch settings if you want to tone it down and the extra grunt when you need it. Excellent drill!!