Saw Stop

james10million

Waste of money. That guy tried to lobby to get laws passed mandating his technology on all saws and monopolize the market. I've been using a table saw since I was in elementary school and no issues.

I believe Bosch came out with similar technology that isn't as expensive to repair if you ever tripped it.

• Like 1

Have had the saw stop contractors saw it really works and I'm happy to have it. Prior to that saw stop had the dewalt 10" bench top cut tip of my finger off because piece jammed. Sometimes it doesn't matter how may precautions you take as that say shit happens. It worth the money and the quality is up there with the rest of the brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey welcome to the forum dg1127! Glad to hear you like the saw. I've been playing with the idea of getting one or the Bosch. I like my digits just fine and I had a surprise last week cutting some thin strip. Made me think hmmmmmm

• Like 1

Not me Pete but the Reaxx looks like an awesome tool. I will probably go saw stop at some point but I'm thinking cabinet saw as opposed to contractor.

i have used the cabinet saw, it is by far the best saw i ever used. it comes with a much higher price tag but all it takes is for one close call and it's worth the money.

Yeah Pete, they have them at my local Woodcraft and we don't have sales tax here. To get one in is about 3k basic. I know with my job my fingers are pretty important. Problem with my situation is my shop doesn't have room for a cabinet saw. When the garage comes in, so does the big saw. I have been using the Grripper a lot. Love that thing!

• Like 2

Yeah Pete, they have them at my local Woodcraft and we don't have sales tax here. To get one in is about 3k basic. I know with my job my fingers are pretty important. Problem with my situation is my shop doesn't have room for a cabinet saw. When the garage comes in, so does the big saw. I have been using the Grripper a lot. Love that thing!

The Gripper is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone with a table saw making furniture or cabinets. Makes cutting small parts safer and more accurate. I bought a pair about 3 years ago and use them all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I checked out the gripper, looks like a finger saver. I may have to get one, or a bench dog push pad.

The saw stop is a really cool product. Last summer doing a high school renovation project I spent a lot of time in the wood shop (had no choice, the plumber saw cut the floor and cut through 9 conduits that fed all the shop equipment).

The shop teacher had 2 cabinet saw stops. He showed me how it all worked and did a demonstration for me as he had to change a cartridge. He told me the saw stop gets triggered at least once a year and one year it was 4. Think of all the savings from not getting sued by parents.

Great to hear everyone's thoughts on the saw, I got in touch with the Australian distributor and looks like I might be getting my hands on the contractor to review for my YouTube channel. I gave them a mention on my blog so I think that helped - http://www.ourbuildhandyman.com.au/timber-and-working-with-wood-expo-power-tool-heaven/

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Don't jinx yourself man, just takes one careless second and you are missing a finger or worse. They are and will come up with new and better technology that will be on all table saws. Table saw is the most dangerous tool in any shop and should be respected as such. 

• Like 1

@NaluRash couldn't agree more. I bought the Grr-ipper at Lowes last year. I use it when ever I make through cuts on my DW745 and it works awesome. I'm probably going to get a second one for the longer rips I make. Awesome tool and worth every penny.

• Like 1

@NaluRash couldn't agree more. I bought the Grr-ipper at Lowes last year. I use it when ever I make through cuts on my DW745 and it works awesome. I'm probably going to get a second one for the longer rips I make. Awesome tool and worth every penny.

I love my grrippers. I bought two last year and use them a lot. It's a little tedious to setup for every cut when using different size stock, but those extra few seconds are well worth it.

• Like 1

Yeah Ricky, tons of screws and washers too. But it really is an awesome tool. I scored big at lowes when they had the, for $39 but that sale is long gone. It's still on the web site but I can't buy anymore for that price

• Like 1