Check out the Dewalt vs Milwaukee battery guts comparison

Carlos Osorio

Yeah great post up until the part where he drops a monster F-bomb and I'm sitting on the couch with my kids. Didn't think I would have to screen a tool video before I played it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well of course you do, sometimes the facts are like an energy high, when idiots get a reality check . lol

Im just anti dewalt so i like when some truth gets drop on there awsome fan base!!!! Hahah but honestly thoo we all knew that there 20v where really.18 so the video is nothing new but still funny i liked the end

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Kruton, I am so very sorry that happened to you and your kids. Unlike him, I don't use fowel language in my video's. Watch both my vids I have uploaded, I don't believe I said a single bad word other then the word dam.

Yeah I should know better to preview things like that just in case. It was pretty damn funny had the kids not been there! The end was pretty good.

Toolnut do you have vids on youtube?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna comment 20 vs 18v because we got 18v in EU..

The same guy that posted this video also made this.. I'm not posting this to talk bad about Milwaukee.. I have nothing against them..!!! But this guy got ..!

http://youtu.be/lVotpGZHI8U

One of my other hobbies is RC helicopters and airplanes. RC pilots put a lot of emphasis on the batteries used. Choosing the right batteries can mean the difference between a successful flight and a crash.

I have used the 18650 size lithium ion cells for at least 10 years. They work well for lower amp draw applications. LiPo batteries are the go to for high amp draw applications.

Some quick specs for the LiIon 18650 cells:

- 3.6v Nominal voltage. (This is basically an average voltage across the discharge. Some 18650's are spec'd at 3.7v nominal)

- 3v fully discharged. (You can discharge the cells further but risk damaging the battery)

- 4.2v fully charged.

There are two ways of connecting batteries.

- Series - this means connecting the positive of the first battery to the negative of the second battery. You add the voltage of the two batteries together. The capacity stays the same. This is abbreviated as s in the pack description.

- Parallel - this means connecting the positives on both batteries and connecting the negatives on both batteries. You can add the two cells capacity together but they will stay at the same voltage. You also can add the max amp draw together when connecting in parallel. Its abbreviated as p in the pack description.

The slim packs in the videos are 5s1p packs (5 cells total all connected in series).

All of the 4.0ah 18/20v tool batteries today are 5s2p packs. (10 cells total. 5 sets of two parallel connected cells hooked up in series)

The new Milwaukee 9ah batteries are 5s3p packs. (15 cells total. 5 sets of three)

If you go off of discharged voltage you would call the batteries 15v (3v+3v+3v+3v+3v)

If you go off of the nominal voltage you would get 18v for 3.6v cells and 18.5v for 3.7v cells

If you go off of full charged voltage you would call the packs 21v.

DeWalt chose to refer to the cells as 4v cells. 4v*5=20v

Sorry for such a long winded post. I just thought I would share some of my learnings with the group.

Im just anti dewalt so i like when some truth gets drop on there awsome fan base!!!! Hahah but honestly thoo we all knew that there 20v where really.18 so the video is nothing new but still funny i liked the end

Why so anti-Dewalt?

Why so anti-Dewalt?

See when i was like 14 i use to love dewalt because of mike holmes tv show first came out but now that im older and actually know more and really love tools as a hobby and for my job and work with tools on a regular basis i just cant buy into the hype i dont find there tools powerful or comfortable and i dont like the yellow i think of diy'ers and home owners when i think of dewalt not pros/ contractors or what ever now i know thats not the case many pros use them i juat dont find them to be the right fit

• Like 1

See when i was like 14 i use to love dewalt because of mike holmes tv show first came out but now that im older and actually know more and really love tools as a hobby and for my job and work with tools on a regular basis i just cant buy into the hype i dont find there tools powerful or comfortable and i dont like the yellow i think of diy'ers and home owners when i think of dewalt not pros/ contractors or what ever now i know thats not the case many pros use them i juat dont find them to be the right fit

Watching Holmes Inspections on Netflix...now it's all Milwaukee.

Watching Holmes Inspections on Netflix...now it's all Milwaukee.

His first show was holmes on homes i dont think you get it in the states but all he would use was dewalt he was sponsored by them it even said at the end mike holmes uses dewalt he has 2 other shows holmes inspector and make it right

His first show was holmes on homes i dont think you get it in the states but all he would use was dewalt he was sponsored by them it even said at the end mike holmes uses dewalt he has 2 other shows holmes inspector and make it right

Holmes Inspections is what's on Netflix.  So much Milwaukee.

We had Holmes on Holmes here in the States also.