18v brushless sds drill (dhr242 / dhr243) no led light???

AJB

• 3 weeks later...

Makita are normally obsessed with putting led lights on every cordless tool so what happened on their flagship sds cordless drill??

Wouldn't call it the flagship (only if you keep out the largest stuff), but maby it is, maby it isn't. Their most powerfull on their 18V battery system is DHR263ZJ at least:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-dhr263zj-36v-cordless-sds-li-ion-rotary-hammer-body-only-accepts-2-x-p68765

And sure enough, it got LED's. 

A bit bad the smaller (single batt.) and BL units doesn't have it incorporated. 

But yeah, it's probably becouse of the dust VAC.

Wouldn't call it the flagship (only if you keep out the largest stuff), but maby it is, maby it isn't. Their most powerfull on their 18V battery system is DHR263ZJ at least:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-dhr263zj-36v-cordless-sds-li-ion-rotary-hammer-body-only-accepts-2-x-p68765

And sure enough, it got LED's. 

A bit bad the smaller (single batt.) and BL units doesn't have it incorporated. 

But yeah, it's probably becouse of the dust VAC.

No 'probably' about it... If you have a look at the LED placement on the DHR263, it's the same spot as the vac power plug on the DHR 243... shame they don't do a plug in LED for it though!.. I might see if I can knock something up on my 3D printer!