Why do I have so much teal envy

DarynH

True, I guess just an apples to apples thing. Either way it was all I could do not to buy the 18v X2 makita saw! I have the brushless makita saw and a Bosch 18v saw on the way so I really don't need 3 cordless circular saws but if they clearance it any lower I may not be able to keep myself from buying it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I know you had been looking at the Makita X2 before. What is it down to in your local HD?

I know you had been looking at the Makita X2 before. What is it down to in your local HD?

Still at $148. I guess that's better than the 199 they have it for new, but I would have thought it would have dropped by now. I need to read more about the HD clearance practices to see if I can find out when it will drop again.

Still at $148. I guess that's better than the 199 they have it for new, but I would have thought it would have dropped by now. I need to read more about the HD clearance practices to see if I can find out when it will drop again.

Is it $148.06? If so, the next drop should be to somewhere around $49 - $58. I say that because if the price ends in .06, that is usually 25% off regular price. After that it drops to 75% off regular price, which would end in .03. I can't tell you for sure what the next up would be, because the regular price on that saw used to be $229, but I think it is now just $199.

Hehe, yupp. :-D Pretty slick. Yeah, comparing apples to apples, I agree, it probablu ain't in the same clas and not comparable.

But since we are comparing lineup on different brands, I would say it is just fair to put it in the mix. :)

Definitely worth adding to the mix that's for sure. The dual 18v is a pretty cool idea really.

Probably. But why not compare the best vs the best? :D The 18+18v is probably makitas biggest strength (in my eyes anyway). At least until the others follow the same route. Some tools just really benefit with more power, and doesn't have big problems with 500 gram extra.

In my eye the 6 1/2 is better its brushless has as much if not more power the any other circ saw it can keep up to a worm drive its one of makita flags ships for sure more so then the 2x 18v circ saw plus the 2x 18v circ saw is a sidewinder and the 6 1/2 is blade left soo in my eye so much better and makita hammer drill driver and the TD148 impact are pretty much un matched by any other hammer drill driver or impact on the market makita is definitely top dog

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

In my eye the 6 1/2 is better its brushless has as much if not more power the any other circ saw it can keep up to a worm drive its one of makita flags ships for sure more so then the 2x 18v circ saw plus the 2x 18v circ saw is a sidewinder and the 6 1/2 is blade left soo in my eye so much better and makita hammer drill driver and the TD148 impact are pretty much un matched by any other hammer drill driver or impact on the market makita is definitely top dog

I let my brother borrow my brushless 6-1/2 saw this weekend for a project and he couldn't believe how much power it had for cordless. He may venture away from all of his Dewalt now!

• Like 1

makita is definitely top dog

not only is that debatable, but its very dependent on what tools are most important to each particular person and/or trade.

I made this spreadsheet a while back to help people determine (by the numbers) which platform is best suited to you :)

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/6700-which-18v-brandplatform-is-best-you-for-try-this-calculator/

not only is that debatable, but its very dependent on what tools are most important to each particular person and/or trade.

I made this spreadsheet a while back to help people determine (by the numbers) which platform is best suited to you :)

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/6700-which-18v-brandplatform-is-best-you-for-try-this-calculator/

Everything is up for debate and i also said thru out that statement that its "in my eyes" but at the same time makita has a lot of one ups on milwaukee and milwaukee has yet to surpass makitas impact and makitas hammer drill driver plus makitas charge times are better and makita circ saw and milwaukees circ saw are so close but makita is smoother and they dont have the gaurd issue that milwaukee has plus a lot of people say makita is more powerful and i know you dont think that but thats you so end of the day yes its all up for debate and everybodys got there own opinion on whats whats and im.not knocking milwaukee because i do run milwaukee at work because thats what my.boss runs but "in my opinion" I think makita is top dog.

of course, i was just debating also. but you were picking out only Makita's strengths whilst not mentioning their weaknesses :)

for instance if someone uses a cordless recip saw all day, they would do well to avoid Makita, and probably should go Milwaukee. Whereas if a grinder is your most important, then Makita, Milwaukee or Metabo would all be worth a good look.

Yes I think the FUEL 6.5" is a touch better than Makita's, but they're both amazing. Its not what I would base my platform choice on.

of course, i was just debating also. but you were picking out only Makita's strengths whilst not mentioning their weaknesses :)

for instance if someone uses a cordless recip saw all day, they would do well to avoid Makita, and probably should go Milwaukee. Whereas if a grinder is your most important, then Makita, Milwaukee or Metabo would all be worth a good look.

Yes I think the FUEL 6.5" is a touch better than Makita's, but they're both amazing. Its not what I would base my platform choice on.

Yes you are right.makita and cordless sawzalls =craptastic and the milwaukee fuel is forsure undoubtedly top dog and i am not a person who sticks to one battery platform and the fuel sawzall is in my sites lol and i think for there fuel.gen 2 sawzall they should add the 360 feature but we will see if makita will come out with a contender on the 18v sawzall market lol and to be honest yes i was focusing on there strenghs but makitas only weak points (tools) i would say is there recip saw and maybe there cordless impact wrench i know milwaukee crushes them on those 2 tools but i cant really think about any other weak points oh.and maybe fuel gauges but they fixed that.now

Yes you are right.makita and cordless sawzalls =craptastic and the milwaukee fuel is forsure undoubtedly top dog and i am not a person who sticks to one battery platform and the fuel sawzall is in my sites lol and i think for there fuel.gen 2 sawzall they should add the 360 feature but we will see if makita will come out with a contender on the 18v sawzall market lol and to be honest yes i was focusing on there strenghs but makitas only weak points (tools) i would say is there recip saw and maybe there cordless impact wrench i know milwaukee crushes them on those 2 tools but i cant really think about any other weak points oh.and maybe fuel gauges but they fixed that.now

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk[/quote

I think another thing Milwaukee beats makita on is durability and warranty. That's a big reason why I chose Milwaukee. Their service centers are unbeatable. They sent me a brand new impact driver and two free 4.0 batteries when I broke my impact. ( and don't mention it them but it broke while I had it apart for the sake of taking it apart) 5 years on tool and the on battery is amazing. They must have some type faith in their product to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warranty is not about 'having faith in your tool' .

Lets be realistic here. Shouting around your 5 year warranty is a marketing concept first and foremost.

The Margins are big enough for compagnies to pay up whatever few problems arise on those tools that actually need warranty.

Marketing is the best thing Milwaukee has.( not that they dont have good tools. They have a few excellent ones in fact ) Creating hype is milwaukees game

Warranty is not about 'having faith in your tool' .

Lets be realistic here. Shouting around your 5 year warranty is a marketing concept first and foremost.

The Margins are big enough for compagnies to pay up whatever few problems arise on those tools that actually need warranty.

Marketing is the best thing Milwaukee has.( not that they dont have good tools. They have a few excellent ones in fact ) Creating hype is milwaukees game

If warranties are a marketing hype, why can't all companies offer something as good. Makita just now upped their battery warranty. Just because Milwaukee has better marketing has no weight on the tool quality. They simply market better. You may see it another way but I don't. To me it shows faith in product. The fact that makita only offers a three year on tools seems to show less faith in life span. IMO both are great tools,

Just because Milwaukee has better marketing has no weight on the tool quality. They simply market better. You may see it another way but I don't. To me it shows faith in product. The fact that makita only offers a three year on tools seems to show less faith in life span.

I would challenge that statement.

How can a company afford to spend as much as Milwaukee does on marketing? They give away batteries and bare tools like it's going out of style. There are new promotions every week. How good do you think the tools actually are? Are they really built to last? Guys buy Milwaukee and upgrade well before the tool is at end of life. Gotta have the newest and greatest! Giving a 5 year warranty doesn't mean jack schitt when the warranty doesn't cover normal use.(read the fine print about wear and tear). That is marketing bullschitt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How can a company afford to spend as much as Milwaukee does on marketing? They give away batteries and bare tools like it's going out of style. There are new promotions every week. How good do you think the tools actually are? Are they really built to last? Guys buy Milwaukee and upgrade well before the tool is at end of life. Gotta have the newest and greatest! Giving a 5 year warranty doesn't mean jack schitt when the warranty doesn't cover normal use.(read the fine print about wear and tear). That is marketing bullschitt.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, half of my tools are nearing their 5 year mark. That alone has shown me what they're made of. They get used 7 days a week and used hard. They might not be a hilti or metabo but I would put their durability up against makita or dewalt all day.

Except Hilti no tool company covers wear and tear. That said Milwaukee is pretty generous on their warranty. The only thing they might deny a warranty claim on is abuse. Hilti is a different story for the most part is end users are not buying their tools most of the time. The people that buy Hilti are corporations because that's what Hilti markets itself as. If you look at the tools Hilti offers its all about commercial construction not even residential for the most part except maybe multifamily. The only thing everyone seems to buy is concrete tools from Hilti for good reason they probably make the best ones.