Why do I have so much teal envy

DarynH

I've been seriously debating on buying into makita, which doesn't seem like a huge deal. But for someone like me, I'm ocd and only want one battery to lug around from job to job. I have a lot invested in Milwaukee, 12 batteries, almost every tool I use is cordless. But I just can't stop admiring makita. I really want the td148 impact driver, circ Saw and jig saw. But is it worth the jump since eventually I would be replacing all my red??... Or am I just crazy

you're crazy. the fuel circ saw is just as good, if not better (IMO). the td148 is awesome, but fuel rev 2 is very close. Not sure what difference is between the jigsaws. In many other categories, Red is better.

Unless there are several tools in makita you can't get in Milwaukee, you'd be crazy to switch. For me, they are the best 2 of the main brands.

you're crazy. the fuel circ saw is just as good, if not better (IMO). the td148 is awesome, but fuel rev 2 is very close. Not sure what difference is between the jigsaws. In many other categories, Red is better.

Unless there are several tools in makita you can't get in Milwaukee, you'd be crazy to switch. For me, they are the best 2 of the main brands.

Other than what I mentioned I'd like to get the cut out tool and drywall gun. I think the big things I'd miss from Milwaukee would be The fuel sawzall and all the lighting options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makitas are nice man, personally I use red and yellow but if the Makita will work for you to for it, it's not like your switching to something that's going to let you down. If your anything like me when you get something stuck in your head you want, it'll drive you crazy until you get it. Thing I like about Makita is their 2x18v line they have. It's a great idea and I think we'll see some cool stuff in the future.

Other than what I mentioned I'd like to get the cut out tool and drywall gun. 

Ahh those tools are a bit more specialty, and not likely on Milwaukee's radar I suspect. Dewalt 20V has those though, and brushless too.

If you're going to switch, I'd at least wait until the batteries have status gauges on them, as that will feel like a downgrade from Milwaukee's 4 bars...

• Like 1

Makita is an amazing brand there tools arr great i run makita but my framing crew i work for runs milwaukee for cordless and il say that milwaukee is great and if ypur that invested in milwaukee i wouldnt change but at the same time il give makita a few one ups on milwaukee and one of the big points is chargeing times i mean milwaukee seems like it take forever to charge there batterys compared to makita and on a job site were your running all cordless tools its a big deal and i never really looked at that point until i got with a crew that runs cordless tools because it really is annoying wen all ypur batterys are down and you gotta wait and in my mind running 2 platforms isnt a big deal or a bad thing variety is good and milwaukee and makita are on top for powertools

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Just throw away that awfull team red. Don't waste your time with cheap tools and bad design. Forget the bad memories and struggles, and step into the blue heaven. 

Okay, just kidding, OFC! :P

I have a hard time to see that it is worth changing all that. Even though, I'd say Makita would be the better choice sometimes, I'd rather let them compliment each other. As others have said.

Make that "OCD" work for you. Like, for example, have a mix of red and blue colors, like a beautifull painting. Yupp, it's as close as I get to art. :P

I am team Hilti.

BUT...

I was all Makita at one point. I was seduced by Big Red and switched. Over time, the shiny and new wore off and I was left with tools that weren't as good as the marketing would have you believe. Milwaukee is great at marketing. They are decent at tools.

Milwaukee is all about hype.

How good are their tools? They cost the same as everyone else, yet they spend 10x more on marketing and hype. Every other day they are giving away batteries and tools. How cheap are they? How much mark up does Milwaukee actually have?

Makita would be the brand I would go back to, I doubt I would buy another M18 anything. Makita was a great reputation and their tools stand up. In my opinion, between the 3 brands in this price range, Makita is the superior all around tool brand.

• Like 1

I think you want to take a look at what tools you really want / will be using and then whether Milwaukee or Makita's lineup better addresses your needs. I am with Dwain in that Milwaukee's impact and circular saw seem to compare favorably with Makita's, but I don't think Milwaukee has anything in the league of the Makita's brushless jigsaw, nor do they have a comparable cordless drywall screw gun or cut out tool.

That being said, I personally am most heavily invested in the Makita 18v (and to a smaller extent the Dewalt), but that doesn't mean that I don't have the occasional bout of big red envy.

Wait, what? Isn't the makita circular saw pretty superior to milwaukee? Thought it got loads more power and runtime (perhaps not when 9 Ah batteries comes). Since it takes two 18V batteries.

It can even cut 2 inch timber at 45 degrees with ease. :-D

From all the makitas I have, that one must be one of my favorites.

Wait, what? Isn't the makita circular saw pretty superior to milwaukee? Thought it got loads more power and runtime (perhaps not when 9 Ah batteries comes). Since it takes two 18V batteries.

It can even cut 2 inch timber at 45 degrees with ease. :-D

From all the makitas I have, that one must be one of my favorites.

I was assuming they were talking about the Makita brushless 6-1/2" saw and not the 7-1/4" 18v X 2 saw.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trying to stick with one brand when you have half a dozen tools and as many batteries makes sense. With a dozen batteries and probably as many tools though, an extra charger and one or two batteries are worth opening up another line of tools.  You will be disappointed if you switch everything to Makita, just as you would be switching the other direction.

I was assuming they were talking about the Makita brushless 6-1/2" saw and not the 7-1/4" 18v X 2 saw.

Probably. But why not compare the best vs the best? :D The 18+18v is probably makitas biggest strength (in my eyes anyway). At least until the others follow the same route. Some tools just really benefit with more power, and doesn't have big problems with 500 gram extra.

Probably. But why not compare the best vs the best? :D The 18+18v is probably makitas biggest strength (in my eyes anyway). At least until the others follow the same route. Some tools just really benefit with more power, and doesn't have big problems with 500 gram extra.

True, I guess just an apples to apples thing. Either way it was all I could do not to buy the 18v X2 makita saw! I have the brushless makita saw and a Bosch 18v saw on the way so I really don't need 3 cordless circular saws but if they clearance it any lower I may not be able to keep myself from buying it.