Small electrical trainers

acm0719

which do you recommend? I'll check the, out.

This is the one I've been using for the last 7-8 years. 

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-1AC-A1-II-VoltAlert-Non-Contact-Voltage/dp/B000EJ332O

It's ok to use 3-wire for your switches, but it's even better when you know when you need to and when you can get away with 2-wire :) Either way, remember that repurposed whites can only be used to feed.

This is the one I've been using for the last 7-8 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-1AC-A1-II-VoltAlert-Non-Contact-Voltage/dp/B000EJ332O

It's ok to use 3-wire for your switches, but it's even better when you know when you need to and when you can get away with 2-wire :) Either way, remember that repurposed whites can only be used to feed.

ok, thanks for the pointers, any othe circuits you would suggest mocking up?

Any electrical meter buy a Fluke. If you're on a budget, buy a used Fluke(try pawn shops). I've tried other meters, they work but none compare well to a Fluke. It's worth the small investment and it will last and be accurate for as long as it is treated in the way it was intended, even with the occasional drop. If you look at how long you will use it and figure out how much it costs per day to use, they're dirt cheap.

• Like 1

Any electrical meter buy a Fluke. If you're on a budget, buy a used Fluke(try pawn shops). I've tried other meters, they work but none compare well to a Fluke. It's worth the small investment and it will last and be accurate for as long as it is treated in the way it was intended, even with the occasional drop. If you look at how long you will use it and figure out how much it costs per day to use, they're dirt cheap.

ok, I'll have to look around thank you!
  • Like 1

Low Voltage circuits are pretty cool. Always remember. You need the following--- Power Supply, Switch, Load, for a circuit.

Look into Carols books and she explains all of this in great detail and very easy to understand. They are very inexpensive books. You won't find books like hers in any Trade school...

• Like 1

Low Voltage circuits are pretty cool. Always remember. You need the following--- Power Supply, Switch, Load, for a circuit.

Look into Carols books and she explains all of this in great detail and very easy to understand. They are very inexpensive books. You won't find books like hers in any Trade school...

ok, I'll see what I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk