Dewalt impacts

cdimke5006

Is their anybody else out their that is as big of fan of dewalts 20v impact drivers as I am?

Well I wanna know also if their is anybody out their that wishes Dewalt made a 20v combo kit of 2 impact drivers rather then a impact and a drill or a hammer drill?

The reason I would be tickled to see dewalt make this is because I am a demo guy and I love to go up in the scissor lift with two impacts with different bits in them rather then carrying around my bit kit and changing them out and all that. Some times I drop the bits when I'm changing them and it is just way easier to have an impact ready for each task. And impacts are a lot shorter then a drill so they can get in a lot smaller places when your working on a ceiling or wherever might be a tight spot that a big drill can't fit into.

Im sure theirs alot more reasons out their that people would prefer two impacts so If theirs anybody that agrees with me on this, let me know and tell me your reason why you'd like two impacts. I'd like to hear from any trade so we can convince dewalt to sell this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Love Dewalt impacts, I do a lot of handy man and wood working but I don't run a double impact I use either my compact or larger hammer drill and the impact. Just bought the new Dewalt 887 impact and have been using it quite a bit, thing is great it's a good answer to the Milwaukee gen 2.

As for getting Dewalt to do an impact kit for two impacts not sure how many units they would be able to sell where most people go for the drill and impact kits. Maybe just pick up a baretool for another impact or buy another kit and try to sell the drill? Take advantage while HD still has the 100/150 off promo.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is their anybody else out their that is as big of fan of dewalts 20v impact drivers as I am?

Well I wanna know also if their is anybody out their that wishes Dewalt made a 20v combo kit of 2 impact drivers rather then a impact and a drill or a hammer drill?

The reason I would be tickled to see dewalt make this is because I am a demo guy and I love to go up in the scissor lift with two impacts with different bits in them rather then carrying around my bit kit and changing them out and all that. Some times I drop the bits when I'm changing them and it is just way easier to have an impact ready for each task. And impacts are a lot shorter then a drill so they can get in a lot smaller places when your working on a ceiling or wherever might be a tight spot that a big drill can't fit into.

Im sure theirs alot more reasons out their that people would prefer two impacts so If theirs anybody that agrees with me on this, let me know and tell me your reason why you'd like two impacts. I'd like to hear from any trade so we can convince dewalt to sell this.

I love my dewalt 20v XR impact and drill/hammer drill. And all I have used in the past is Makita stuff. I think the Makita impact drills the bigger screws faster. But it's more likely to slip off the screw. So it's a toss up there. I'm just getting into the dewalt stuff. But you can't go wrong with dewalt any more. They have rose to the top with Makita. And I really like having two impacts. I also have the dewalt 12v impact and drill. So when I need two impacts I use the dewalt 12v and 20v. So yes it would be nice to have combo kits with two impacts. Or if they would let you mix and match any kind of sets you wanted. That would be very cool too.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

I love my dewalt 20v XR impact and drill/hammer drill. And all I have used in the past is Makita stuff. I think the Makita impact drills the bigger screws faster. But it's more likely to slip off the screw. So it's a toss up there. I'm just getting into the dewalt stuff. But you can't go wrong with dewalt any more. They have rose to the top with Makita.

Which Dewalt impact you have?

Jimbo

The 20v xr with the slim battery and the 12v

They just released a newer 3 speed impact, the older xr (dcf 886) was single speed around 2800 rpms with 1500 lbs of torque, the newer one is a 3 speed, the high speed has 3250 rpms with 1825 lbs of torque so it drives long screws fairly easily.

Jimbo

They just released a newer 3 speed impact, the older xr (dcf 886) was single speed around 2800 rpms with 1500 lbs of torque, the newer one is a 3 speed, the high speed has 3250 rpms with 1825 lbs of torque so it drives long screws fairly easily.

Jimbo

Speed isn't always a good thing though.

Speed isn't always a good thing though.

right, which is why it has three speed settings, #2 is just like using the 886 but when you need that extra power you have it waiting for you, they redesigned the chuck as well giving it a little lip to it.

right, which is why it has three speed settings, #2 is just like using the 886 but when you need that extra power you have it waiting for you, they redesigned the chuck as well giving it a little lip to it.

Impacts per min is the speed that drives the fastner. The Makita has 3500 ipm rpm 2900 And 1460 inch pounds.

I really just like the 886. There really isn't enough speed difference to make a big fuss. And then you have to sortie about the bit jumping out of the fastener. Dent the material or I've seen people put the bits through there thumbs too. From slipping.

i avoid using philips screws so if you start off too fast yea it'll slip on you, only really had that issue when i first got it because i wasnt used to it, once you adjust though and pair it with robertson or torx the rpms are not an issue, they still aren't as high as the makita and pairing it with the higher torque drives the screws much better.

As for you ipms, those are the impacts the hammer mechanism makes driving the screw into the material, as where the rpms are the speed of the motor, so your motor can be spinning with the full rpms but if you look closely you screw may only be spinning at 1/4 of that depending on the resistance and torque needed to drive that screw.  Hopefully that makes sense...

i avoid using philips screws so if you start off too fast yea it'll slip on you, only really had that issue when i first got it because i wasnt used to it, once you adjust though and pair it with robertson or torx the rpms are not an issue, they still aren't as high as the makita and pairing it with the higher torque drives the screws much better.

As for you ipms, those are the impacts the hammer mechanism makes driving the screw into the material, as where the rpms are the speed of the motor, so your motor can be spinning with the full rpms but if you look closely you screw may only be spinning at 1/4 of that depending on the resistance and torque needed to drive that screw. Hopefully that makes sense...

Me too. I always use the .25 stars or hex. Phillips screws are out now. They are like the straight head screw 15 years earlier.

i completely agree as I use two impacts a lot as I have a pilot bit in one or a counter sink bit and in the other my screwdriver bit ! I hardly use my drill for drilling endless its larger holes or something I haven't got in hex shank as I much prefer the impact for drilling especially with a step drill bit . Another plus side with using the impact for drilling is the fact there isn't a chuck spinning that can rub against something and damage it .