Water Heater Replacement

Santi_78342

Why 1-1/2" water line? How much water usage are we talking here? And I'm assuming you're referring to the m18 uponor pex expander

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How much? I couldn't tell you in gph but I can tell you that its a lotta water that has to be really hot all the time. Its in a milk house. There are garden hoses hooked to hot water spigots for washdown and heating calf bottles. There are two stainless tanks that hold 3 tons of milk a piece that have to be cleaned with hot water and acid regularly and hundreds of feet of stainless pipe that has to be washed twice a day at a specific temp with detergent and hot water then chlorine and hot water and then aacid and hot water and then just hot water. The heater has no problem keeping up untill it does. The gun I'm talking about is this beast. It has saved us literally hundreds of times.dd6d4e7efb5d547ded0a188a5d1d26be.jpg
  • Like 1

Yup there it is! We could really use that big of pex but haven't yet, if we need pipe bigger than 1", we end up running pvc for cold and copper with propress or cpvc for hot.

This would be considered commercial because of how much water it sounds like you're using, I imagine AO Smith said the same thing? Then maybe you only get one year warranty.

You're going to keep seeing the water heater go bad like you have been experiencing I think is safe to say. They don't make them like they used to.

414965ac1825c1a055ac0ac0a17b3e28.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk