New Vanity Install in 1/2 Bath

WigWagWorkshop

It doesn't help that they ran the water and drain up from below versus from the wall.

If you reeeeally want to get a nice finished look under the sink, put the plumbing in the wall instead, just cut open the wall and floor and the rest is easy lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, we are looking at doing that, but because of the location in the basement, it might not be possible.  I will snap a few photos of the basement for your judgment. 

• Like 1

Wigwag, me as a diy'er I would, because I'm that anal about my work. I would think a general contractor would not. It would be more about speed. Time is money. After seeing your pics I can't help but think how handy a Multitool would help you out. Thanks for sharing, good luck.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wigwag, me as a diy'er I would, because I'm that anal about my work. I would think a general contractor would not. It would be more about speed. Time is money. After seeing your pics I can't help but think how handy a Multitool would help you out. Thanks for sharing, good luck.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking!  What if down the road we change it again with a lower vanity, then I would have to fix it anyway.  Thank You for the feedback, I am going to smooth it out.

I need to cut about 8 pieces of stone tile, but don't have a cutter.  I am looking for a low cost method of cutting these, but please keep in mind that they really won't be seen has it's just the sides of the vanity, and I don't plan on ever cutting tile again.

Our old vanity went wall to wall, but the new vanity leaves about 2 inches from the wall on each side.

7 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Can always grab an angle grinder and a tile cutting blade

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, a grinder is a tool I do not own yet. I would consider picking up a cheap HF model, unless I can convince me lady that we need one for other things, so it won't have to come out of my "do what I want" budget lol. 

Unfortunately, a grinder is a tool I do not own yet. I would consider picking up a cheap HF model, unless I can convince me lady that we need one for other things, so it won't have to come out of my "do what I want" budget lol. 

You would be better off getting a lower end hitachi from lowes or menards

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk