This is why we need codes and inspections

KnarlyCarl

Thought I would share a few pictures from on the roof when I put in the drain vent.

0600cd44e7e3e5e515ab35a9915d9c47.jpg

07726c665fe891cec9274b288a65dd02.jpg

bd5a9ab9686564b954a155fc7f8e95ea.jpg

Exposed nails everywhere, I told the homeowner there is no excuse for this, I hope he can get that taken care of. An Amish crew did the construction and roof, they are giving themselves a bad name lately, this isn't the first time I've been to a place they screwed up on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I guess a lot of younger generations in a lot of cultures take shortcuts I find it mind boggling how hard it is to get our youth into a trade and actually want to be there it seems most would rather work at a burger joint. There are a few don't get me wrong most are On here that are in the trades but generally speaking they don't want to work and don't have any work ethic. Ok done with my rant thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see crap like this a lot, if its the main panel it should have 2/0 copper wire minimum for 200amps. The ground and neutral are parallel they should be separated, the black and red wire needs to be swapped red always goes on the right. The jacket on that orange 10/2 romex needs to be cut back, they are using 6/3 romex which is only good up to 55amps. It would be difficult to pass inspection here with that 200amp breaker even if it is being feed off of a 60 amp breaker from the main panel. I guess this is a subpanel but it is all wrong, you mentioned it was a garage if it is a separate structure than two ground rods are needed for the subpanel. That roof is just crazy, we call exposed nails shiners, the boss would kick your butt if he saw any shiners on the roof. 

• Like 1