Metabo 125mm 18V cordless grinder video

james10million

Hey guys

Thought I'd share my latest video on the new Metabo cordless grinder.

Been using it for the last few months and can confidently say it's another win by Metabo.

Excuse the user error half way through when I fail to tighten the locking nut on the disk... Rookie mistake :)

https://youtu.be/jqxvsg6tc9U

The feature to change blades without a tool has to be the best feature on this machine, it's awesome!

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

With the nut coming loose that may actually be a dangerous defect. The reason you can loosen the nut with a little ring instead of big wrench is the momentum of the grinding wheel against the brake will loosen the nut a bit.  If the brake catches to much larger grinding wheels or wire wheels can come loose after its been run a couple times without tightening.

Cant look up the video right now, but I have been using makitas lock nut. It is also designed to be thightened without any tool.

But to correctly thighten it, you would actually turn the whole grinding/cutting disc. This way, you would get more than enough thightening torque. At least 4-5 times that of just turning the ring. :)

Me myself havent experienced that it would untighten or loosen up in any way at least.

Thanks James, that was a cool review. Shows we are all human lol. The Metabo is a really nice grinder, how easy was it to stall it? Was it something that you would likely during a typical grind? Thanks.

Cheers mate! It took a fair amount of body weight for it to stall it. I found that you can fell it coming on unlike the Makita I reviewed last year, that thing would just cut out unexpectedly. I doubt it would stall much under general use.

• Like 2

With the nut coming loose that may actually be a dangerous defect. The reason you can loosen the nut with a little ring instead of big wrench is the momentum of the grinding wheel against the brake will loosen the nut a bit. If the brake catches to much larger grinding wheels or wire wheels can come loose after its been run a couple times without tightening.

Good point.

Cant look up the video right now, but I have been using makitas lock nut. It is also designed to be thightened without any tool.

But to correctly thighten it, you would actually turn the whole grinding/cutting disc. This way, you would get more than enough thightening torque. At least 4-5 times that of just turning the ring. :)

Me myself havent experienced that it would untighten or loosen up in any way at least.

Good tip, I should have tried that :)