Name that Tool

Stercorarius

1 hour ago, NicholasShetley said:

Does the first one involve the valve train in any way?

Sorta but not directly

46 minutes ago, tomdog22 said:

Gear puller?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It does look like one, but no.

10 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm going to guess that specialty socket is for your honda? Probably a crankshaft socket?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not for my honda. It is a crank socket for some FE motors and one Buick. It's for my ford. The Keyways fit onto the harmonic balancer key on the crank snout. The outer knurled wheel fits a degree wheel onto it for degreeing your cam. You slip a 1/2" breaker bar into the socket end and it lets you rotate your motor easily. 

4 hours ago, NicholasShetley said:

Is the first tool to make sure the engine is at TDC?

Got yourself a winner. Its a strap style TDC locator that came with my degree wheel, almost always these will be homemade. You place the strap across the bore and put bolt it into the holes for the head bolts. You then adjust the stub coming down so you can use the positive stop method of finding TDC. You thread the stub down enough that it stops the piston before it comes to the top and then mark your degree wheel, rotate your motor back around the other direction untill it stops, and mark your degree wheel. Your top dead center is located at the mark directly between the two. You can't just use piston location because there is several degrees worth of piston dwell at the top. Unfortunately this one wasn't big enough to bridge the full bore so I used slightly different methods.

Snapchat--6149743492009672110.thumb.jpg.

That's only about 3 times the size of my honda motor.

• Like 2