Cat smart phone

stainlessstroker95

On 3/5/2016 at 6:20 AM, comp56 said:

these days it seems smart phones are main stream Samsung has a rugged model not sure it will fit the bill...

The phone is shockproof and IP68 certified, meaning it is dust and water resistant up to 1.5 meter and 30 minutes. It's also MIL-STD-810G certified which means it can withstand salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock.

s6active.jpg?v=3555

I use one of those and I love it.  Sometimes you have to get a tool that can stand up to the abuse instead of trying to baby it.

I know it's still new yet, so maybe in a year or so we will hear more about it. 

Phones don't last a year, they have new models way too frequently.

I love the idea of the Cat phone, but Android is way too fragmented and support is terrible. Samsung may release 400 phones a year, but very few of those will ever see updates, and those that do are several months behind.

If Android got their sh!t together and stopped the manufacturers from releasing phones without proper support, or at least made the android experience consistent from device to device, they would own the smartphone world. They still can't fix wakelocks after 8 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk