m12 Rotary Tool

JimboS1ice

What have you used that dremel wand for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I used in on my corded Dremel because it was easier to handle on this m12 it may. It be needed as much but it's good for my precision and detail use like etching

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Dano123 said:

I have owned a few rotary tools over the years, but I never used them for much. I always broke the cut off wheels in seconds and gave up. Great videos guys.

You have to go slow. Dremel also makes some very high quality cut off wheels, they're thicker but they're also more durable.

I mostly use rotary tools for grinding.

• Like 1

You did a better job with this video Jimbo, I really appreciated the fact that you not only demonstrated the tool, but also showed a few different tips and bits that could used with your rotery tool. I have a rotery tool from Harbor Freight. Truth is, its a POS, however, its corded, has variable speed like yours, and it works.

I normally use my rotery tool for doing the fine work that a normal saw, drill, sander can't do. For example, I used it to cut holes out of a dash to install switches, I used it to cut a hole out of computer cases to install a fan, I used it for widening a hole larger before I owned a step bit.

They are very good to have, and you are making me jealous for wanting to go cordless. Ohhhhhh so many tools to buy, not enough money to buy them lol.

I owe you guys a redemption video on the fuel, I'm trying to get some badass stuff lined up for next week!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It has been over 10 years since I have used a Dremel and I don't think they had those then? I remember the reinforced wheels were a little better, but I never had a need for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It has been over 10 years since I have used a Dremel and I don't think they had those then? I remember the reinforced wheels were a little better, but I never had a need for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They didn't have the quick release like they do know.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT use those cut-off discs, they will shatter into killer shrapnel!  Just take one, and see how easy they snap in half.  Has for the other bits n pieces, they are actually decent, especially the white buffers, and those diamond tip bits.

• Like 2

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT use those cut-off discs, they will shatter into killer shrapnel!  Just take one, and see how easy they snap in half.  Has for the other bits n pieces, they are actually decent, especially the white buffers, and those diamond tip bits.

I learned from an early age about Dremel shrapnel lol

Jimbo

Yes my cut off disks shatter easily too, I don't know if its due to cheap quality disks, or its because they are like 32nds of an inch thick lol. Truth be told, wearing protective gear, they aren't as bad as a 4 and 1/2 inch angle grinder cutting disk shattering at 11,000 rpm's.

Even the Dremel ones if you over heat them they'll shatter pretty good.

Jimbo

Usually when the dremel discs shatter they're under load and going a decent bit slower.  I've taken shattered bits of those to the face and it was no more than a nuisance.  I actually use the tiny ones more because with the smaller kerf they're more precise.  If I need something bigger it's time to break out the angle grinder.

I have never had any issues with the Dremel, or other name brand rotary tool discs, only the cheap-o ones. I think I will shoot a video of the ones I got in a  cheap kit, just to see if other members of the crew, that purchased these kits have the same result.

• Like 1

Mediumish speed, cut slow and back off then reapply. I find the breaking of those thin blades happens with too much speed, too much pressure and not cutting straight...all of which is incredibly easy to do.

Coincidentally, today I went into a random pawn shop and found a bunch of new in packaging Dremel stuff and the flex shaft in a steel box for $20. Pics to be posted :)

Good to know I'm not just paranoid, I expect I'll just toss the cut off wheels next time I open that kit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk