Workbench Brackets

Marcv76

I came across these workbench brackets made by Eastwood. There 3/16" thick steel and cost $99. They are laser cut and allow for the making of a extremely heavy duty bench with 4x4's and 2x4's. The price its actually pretty good considering these will last a lifetime and can be used over and over for different sized benches. The picture below isn't my bench its from the website because I just ordered them today. 

workbench.jpg

• Like 2

I fail to see the point in these. You are spending money on connections where it is not needed. If you plan to upgrade a bench later again they are not needed because you will be buying new wood and can design the joint where the bracket again isnt needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I fail to see the point in these. You are spending money on connections where it is not needed. If you plan to upgrade a bench later again they are not needed because you will be buying new wood and can design the joint where the bracket again isnt needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But they look so cool!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Rich you are correct that they are not needed but I still like them. Obviously you can use cheaper joining methods but those tend to be permanent and requiring scraping the whole bench if you want to change the size. With these you leave them attached to the 4x4"s and merely change the 2x4's and in 15 minutes you have a bigger or smaller bench. I kind of like the way they look also. 

• 3 years later...