Milwaukee Kits - Brushless/Fuel vs Non-Brushless?

olletsocmit

8 minutes ago, dwain said:

does anyone really ever use the hammer function on a compact drill? I don't usually recommend much hammer use for one ....

I went out and bought one and have used hammering action 1 time lol so not really.. guess it is nice to have when I do have cement to drill into tho. I should have got a bare tool instead I could have went without the hammer drill that 1 time lol.. reg drill driver would do most of it just not as fast

does anyone really ever use the hammer function on a compact drill? I don't usually recommend much hammer use for one ....

Its funny you mentioned that because I have stopped using the hammer function once I started using my rotary hammer, no comparison, so no I do not

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Its funny you mentioned that because I have stopped using the hammer function once I started using my rotary hammer, no comparison, so no I do not

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

rotary hammer would be sweet to have.. I would find reasons to use that!

It's useless I think they put it just to say it can and get a few extra bucks, using it on the m12 fuel is painful to watch lol.

• Like 1

yeah they are obviously not as good as a rotary (or full size hammer drill), but also, they are a great drill at a great price. I can't imagine prolonged hammer drilling being good for them. I want it to stay a pristine drill driver...

• Like 1

I use mine for tapcons, I haven't drilled the 1/2" holes for my post brackets yet. I plan to do a brushed M18 vs M12 Fuel vs HF corded just to see how each does. If your going to do a lot of concrete work get a rotary hammer, if your just running a few tapcons here and there the cordless hammerdrill is perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

What batteries do you have now and what does the brushless kit come with? Are you going to use these daily, weekly or occasionally? My advice is go for the bigger battery if it's a jump from a 1.5 pack to a 3.0 or higher. That's double the capacity and well worth the $50. If you have a 2.0 and it's only going up to a 3.0 it may not be worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk