M12 trap thrower

eightyseven

I definitely did a good job of voiding that. My only regret is having to send $28 on it. Home Depot had the M12 Xenon flashlights on sale for $15 about a year ago, but I didn't think to grab one at that price. On the bright side, I have spare parts if anything happens to my other M12 LED flashlight.

That's a GREAT idea to do with old unneeded tools. It doesn't void your battery's warranty(if there is a chip system) and it's easy to hook up the battery after the modification. It would also be a GREAT idea to do for a car jump starter, which you might be able to do with that setup...at minimum it will work as a trickle charger. I might be buying a cheap old M18 tool to do this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

That's a GREAT idea to do with old unneeded tools. It doesn't void your battery's warranty(if there is a chip system) and it's easy to hook up the battery after the modification. It would also be a GREAT idea to do for a car jump starter, which you might be able to do with that setup...at minimum it will work as a trickle charger. I might be buying a cheap old M18 tool to do this.

I thought about seeing how it would work as a jump box, but I only used 12 AWG wire. I may have to get some bigger wire and a load tester, so I can see how many cranking amps those batteries have.

15 minutes ago, eightyseven said:

I thought about seeing how it would work as a jump box, but I only used 12 AWG wire. I may have to get some bigger wire and a load tester, so I can see how many cranking amps those batteries have.

I might do some research on it as well. I have to imagine a m12 battery can only trickle charge but the m18s might be able to crank, I'm not really sure how many amps they can discharge or how much it takes to jump an inline 4/5/6 or V6/V8 etc