Knipex pliers have me hooked

WeldfabNeil

This is what showed up today. I am now officially addicted to knipex as well. For pliers an similar tools Proto is usually my go to brand. This time I went with knipex and am pleased. Never personally owned any besides a couple snap ring pliers. Now I am contemplating ordering plierwrenches. What do you think are knipex plierwrenches as great as people say they are? 

IMG_3793.JPG

• Like 5

This is what showed up today. I am now officially addicted to knipex as well. For pliers an similar tools Proto is usually my go to brand. This time I went with knipex and am pleased. Never personally owned any besides a couple snap ring pliers. Now I am contemplating ordering plierwrenches. What do you think are knipex plierwrenches as great as people say they are? 

IMG_3793.JPG

I think I'm always going to be hooked on my Klein linemans, just been using them too long, but I am planning on buying some cobras, and pliers wrenches, to replace my slip joints and adjustable's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_3793.JPG

Porto is a brand you do not here talked about a hole lot, but they build some really nice tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Totally worth it yes!! I use mine every day 

IMG_20161003_185315418

Those are great for instalations and preserving the nut or bolt, where the cobras/alligators act as paint strippers lol

Another notable plier are the raptors, although they take some getting used to

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

Those are great for instalations and preserving the nut or bolt, where the cobras/alligators act as paint strippers lol

We noticed heh hehehe ??

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Have a pair of pliers wrench, love them! Also have a 7" alligators (thanks to @JimboS1ice!!!), and I really want more. 

Glad you found the awesomeness of knipex, watch your wallet lol!!

Good to hear your like your plierwrenchs, There tempting. Luckily these were bought with Christmas gift cards but I sense a issue when the gift cards run out. 

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

It keeps growing dude try the mini bolt cutters and plier wrenches

It's like every brand you get hooked onto grows into a whole drawer of tools. I already have 2 pairs of hk Porter mini bolt cutters. Never used the knipex version but look similar from quik look of picture. 

1 hour ago, NicolasRamos said:

I think I'm always going to be hooked on my Klein linemans, just been using them too long, but I am planning on buying some cobras, and pliers wrenches, to replace my slip joints and adjustable's

I have a a few klien journeyman series tools. My only issue is on the linesman plier the blue/black handle slides off sometimes.

1 hour ago, tcoscarelli said:

This is definitely a brand I have been eyeballing. I may have to jump on the band wagon too.

I encourage you to. I did an am pretty happy. Haven't used them for long but heard good things. Only jumped on cause a guy at work raves about them. 

1 hour ago, tcoscarelli said:

This is definitely a brand I have been eyeballing. I may have to jump on the band wagon too.

Proto is my overall favorite brand. Most of my hand tools are Proto. There ones i don't like by Proto is there bulky style ratchets. All there other tools are great. I highly recommend Proto

1 hour ago, NicholasShetley said:

Knipex tools are like lays potato chips, you just can't have one.

Hahaah sounds good to me. 

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

Thats what I have heard an it seems like. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

Good to hear your like your plierwrenchs, There tempting. Luckily these were bought with Christmas gift cards but I sense a issue when the gift cards run out. 

It's like every brand you get hooked onto grows into a whole drawer of tools. I already have 2 pairs of hk Porter mini bolt cutters. Never used the knipex version but look similar from quik look of picture. 

I have a a few klien journeyman series tools. My only issue is on the linesman plier the blue/black handle slides off sometimes.

I encourage you to. I did an am pretty happy. Haven't used them for long but heard good things. Only jumped on cause a guy at work raves about them. 

Proto is my overall favorite brand. Most of my hand tools are Proto. There ones i don't like by Proto is there bulky style ratchets. All there other tools are great. I highly recommend Proto

Hahaah sounds good to me. 

I have a bit of proto, great tools, one of my other top choices for hand tools

I've been lucky enough to never experience the journeyman grips slipping off. However I have known people who have had that problem. The Klein distributors always warrantied them. I don't think that justifies the issue at all though. I'll definitely be picking up some more German tools from know on. It's just so easy for me to walk into one of the three electrical suppliers in town, (excluding the hardware stores) and pick up just about any particular Klein electrical hand tool I'm needing to replace, or add.

I love knipex. The only issue is that brick and mortar stores that carry them have them for like oh so very much money. Iirc John Deere packages them so they have the Deere logo next to the knipex one and anything with a Deere logo is going to charge a giant premium. Case iH does the same thing to knipex, but they dont bother with the branded packaging and just skip right to the mark-up.

One thing I'd like to see done with some knipex channel locks is for someone to grab onto the head of a pin or something round that would have a contact area  width about an eighth inch or less with them and try and spin it. I tore up a portion of the teeth on my channellock channel locks and a pair of vise grips trying to remove a pin from a floor chain on a spreader. If knipex teeth could hold up to that I would be very impressed.

11 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

One thing I'd like to see done with some knipex channel locks is for someone to grab onto the head of a pin or something round that would have a contact area  width about an eighth inch or less with them and try and spin it. I tore up a portion of the teeth on my channellock channel locks and a pair of vise grips trying to remove a pin from a floor chain on a spreader. If knipex teeth could hold up to that I would be very impressed.

I bet they'd be fine. I might try to rig up a test

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Dude i never noticed but why is your middle sized plier wrench a different color

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I have no idea, I noticed it when it came in too. Two were from http://mobiledistributorsupply.com and the odd colored one was from Amazon

They changed their coating process, it's more durable but cheaper for them to make now. I can't remember if the dark version is the new stuff or the brighter is. I have an odd man out pair of pliers wrenches too.

As far as Knipex goes they are my go to pliers brand now. I have about a dozen pairs and growing. 4 pairs of Cobras, 3 pliers wrench and a pair of raptors. I can't remember the last time I used a combination wrench, and only ever for the box end. Open ended wrenches are dead to me now, if a pliers wrench can't grab it the raptor can. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2017 at 8:36 PM, NicolasRamos said:

I've been lucky enough to never experience the journeyman grips slipping off. However I have known people who have had that problem. The Klein distributors always warrantied them. I don't think that justifies the issue at all though. I'll definitely be picking up some more German tools from know on. It's just so easy for me to walk into one of the three electrical suppliers in town, (excluding the hardware stores) and pick up just about any particular Klein electrical hand tool I'm needing to replace, or add.

Does klien warranty them? I was told at were I bought them only the tool is warranted an not the plastic handles. I thought it was wrong of them but said whatever. They still sit in the garage somewere. If I could I would love to warranty them. 

They were great pliers. I am not a electrician but used them a lot. 

the grip slides right back on an slides right back off with normal use. I do have other tools  in the journeyman series with no issues. 

1 minute ago, Fletcher94 said:

Does klien warranty them? I was told at were I bought them only the tool is warranted an not the plastic handles. I thought it was wrong of them but said whatever. They still sit in the garage somewere. If I could I would love to warranty them. 

They were great pliers. I am not a electrician but used them a lot. 

the grip slides right back on an slides right back off with normal use. I do have other pairs in the journeyman series with no issues. 

It may be related to my area, but any of the 3 klein stores here (besides HD&lowes) will give you a new pair if the grips come off the handles on the journeyman's.