Makita Handle Set for Ls1211 Miter Saw. part #182597-2

JermFace

@kornomaniac, I like that you're trying to be all even-handed and whatnot, but it looks like you haven't actually read the thread here.  There are dates, and a discussion about searching for the part in various places, including an inquiry with Makita.

One retailer coming to the defense of another?  Sure, fine, whatever.  But you've got to recognize that the (apparent) bias in taking that position requires a bit more rigor.

It is long since past the delivery date for the product; I have contacted the retailer outside of this forum (as is mentioned above); and I have received no reply from him.

With regard to "jumping" to conclusions:  From the vantage of the consumer, the experience has indicated clearly enough that the seller was either over-eager and poorly informed (and in the aftermath unwilling to make his error right) or flat-out dishonest.  How much patience has he earned by holding my money and abstaining from communication?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JermFace said:

@kornomaniac, I like that you're trying to be all even-handed and whatnot, but it looks like you haven't actually read the thread here.  There are dates, and a discussion about searching for the part in various places, including an inquiry with Makita.

One retailer coming to the defense of another?  Sure, fine, whatever.  But you've got to recognize that the (apparent) bias in taking that position requires a bit more rigor.

It is long since past the delivery date for the product; I have contacted the retailer outside of this forum (as is mentioned above); and I have received no reply from him.

With regard to "jumping" to conclusions:  From the vantage of the consumer, the experience has indicated clearly enough that the seller was either over-eager and poorly informed (and in the aftermath unwilling to make his error right) or flat-out dishonest.  How much patience has he earned by holding my money and abstaining from communication?

Hey man are you still looking for the part I have a repair shop that might have it I could call them up and see if u like