Planing on buying drill, impact set

justin22

nope, haven't bought any thing yet (I am very indecisive) Was just in Home depot and menards yesterday found a ryobi 4 piece combo kit for $130.Comes with sawzall, drill, circular saw, and work light.I wouldn't be using it that often exept for the drill. i know ryobi isn't the best, but it has a good 18v tool selection that is fairly cheap, and in the future i would also like an impact wrench, which they also sell for $120   Do you think this would be good?

nope, haven't bought any thing yet (I am very indecisive) Was just in Home depot and menards yesterday found a ryobi 4 piece combo kit for $130.Comes with sawzall, drill, circular saw, and work light.I wouldn't be using it that often exept for the drill. i know ryobi isn't the best, but it has a good 18v tool selection that is fairly cheap, and in the future i would also like an impact wrench, which they also sell for $120   Do you think this would be good?

Ryobi makes good tools. Don't stay away from them just because of the name. They may not be at the same level as the big names,but for DIY and around the house you get a really good quality tool and definitely the most bang for the buck. I've got an 18v Ryobi drill and circular saw that are pretty nice especially considering the price! That Bosch set for $118 is a damn good deal too. You aren't going to get as much as the Ryobi set but you are going to get some great tools. Bosch makes some great tools if you want to get into their 18v lineup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justin22 said:

Im so indecisive my pool league team was named "Indecision" :) Ryobi will work great for you too. You need to look at the tool lineup and see what will fit your needs. I personally didn't want the post style battery packs. No reason as to why not just didn't. I initially started with Bosch and while I love them I have integrated Makita into my lineup and now will get what ever the other doesn't have that suits my needs. Bosch doesn't have any out door power equipment and Makita does. Run through each tool companies line up and make a quick list of items you will need. I recommend an impact wrench for everyone at somepoint. They make taking off and on wheels so much easier, especially on the side of the road. 

Also go and feel them. I personally not the biggest fan of Milwaukee and their grips. To each their own though. If you look around you can find good deals during certain times of the year. Every winter HD has a 100 or 150 off promotion with certain combo deals and a bare tool. I was able to gt Makita's top of the line brushless hammer drill, brushless impact, 2 5amp hour batteries and a compact recip saw for just over $200. If you already have tools that work and are not in dire need of them riht away, research and get whatever fits your needs best. Any brand will do if they make the tool you will use. 

• Like 2