Donniemac

Milwaukee m18 fuel 1/2 impact faulty

Hey guys. Sorry first time posting on here. I have a Milwaukee m18 fuel 1/2 drive impact gun. Year and a half old and it's gone faulty :(. Totally forgot to register it online for the extended warranty so need to try repair it.

gun won't work atall even with different batteries. When the trigger is pulled the led work light in the front flashes three times then pauses then flashes three times and so on. Is this a flash code and does anyone ever heard of this???

cheers and thank you

Online registration isn't required. A receipt isn't even required. Worst case scenario they'll go off the manufacturing date. Contact Milwaukee. 

• Like 1

Welcome, sorry to hear about that, and bremon is right.
Here's a little post about that further:
http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10135-Warranty-By-Manufacturer
I have had the best experience going online to their eservice website and filling out the form, they pay for shipping both ways.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ah I'm in Tapatalk and it doesn't show the side bar of info the full site shows so I can't see where op is from....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would contact Milwaukee first and ask, I'm not sure how much the repair would cost but it's worth a look. The unit is shutting down in protection so the majority of the unit probably works.

If you have to pull it apart I'd look at the logic board, you'd want to look for any signs of excessive heat. The problem is that I'm assuming they insulated the board from debris so it will likely be covered in goo and you won't be able to see anything. You should be able to see if the motor turns by applying A/C to the motor leads, but you'd really only want to do it with a variac...so assuming you don't have one (because most people don't), you can simply spin the motor and see how it feels, if there is a lot of resistance then you know that it's a drive problem.

5 hours ago, DR99 said:

Milwaukee only does a year warranty in the UK it looks like unless you register the tool then its extended to 3

http://extension.milwaukeetool.fr/en/warranty-conditions.htm

This type of nonsense should be illegal imo. Adds a step into something that should be effortless just to save money on the people who forget.