Some question about craft

Sophie

Hello everyone, I have a question for you, and I appeal to you in the hope that you will help, I do cosplay and craft in particular (not for sale, just for myself and sometimes for friends if they need help in this) I recently saw an interesting craft  tutorial(link on youtube)

in which another crafter used the material Worbla, unknown to me before (this is the black thing that she covered with the cut out of foamed polystyrene bow) I started looking for information, as the material is really handy. Previously, I used PVC and a dryer (PVC, too, to some extent becomes flexible when heated). Information about the Worbla was found a lot, but in my country it can not be found (and if you find, then at sky-high prices) Can someone of you advise a material with similar properties? I'm thinking of trying to use ruberoid sheets that are used for roofs of houses. when heated it should become pretty soft, but I do not know if it will work. I wait for your assumptions. Thank you in advance!

@Sophie

welcome to TIA!  I have a Family member in Ukraine(very extended family but hey family is family!).  To be honest I just skimmed the the vid but it made me think of HDPE, a very common plastic used in all kinds of  disposable food and drink containers.something like this

• 2 months later...
On 06.11.2017 at 7:40 PM, BMack37 said:

I have no idea what that is but it looks awesome! Well done!

This is a cosplay festival and characters from the League of Legends game, with which I performed. I did the character Talon (SSW Talon skin) - in a white cloak with blue stripes and a hood. All the staffs - guns - hammers and details of the costumes that you see are made by hand by the participants. A missile which girl in the red wig held (Star Guardian Jinx) printed on a 3-d printer) And I made a bow for the girl on my back-right in a white suit and with a mask - a Kindred character. The only problem - I didn`t have a technical dryer, so I used a hair dryer ordinary hair dryer and that was too long.

• Like 1