TIA home page

JMG

Would it  be possible to change the "Win tools" pop over that activates when you scroll down the page to a small pop up in the lower left corner of the page, one that does not interfere with clicking on any of the reviews? A five to ten second timer for the pop up to auto vanish would also be appreciated. Full page pop overs can be a bit annoying to repeat visits to the main page, or any other site that constantly shoves an in your face message at the repeat user, that has no bearing on them, for that matter. Discretion is the better part of valor, as it were...  Less shouting, more subtle persuasion please.

It shows up every time I restart the browser. I am using Firefox and it is possible the security settings interfere with cookies, but even so... I find small pop up windows that show up in an out of the way spot on the page to be more appealing than one that blocks your view of what you are attempting to read.

OK thanks for letting me know of this issue.  I never knew it was coming up that much for people.  I have it set to show once per 100 days.  On my desktop, phone etc, I never see it.  I did make a change and design it to be less intrusive until we can figure why it comes up all the time for some people.

I am sure it works of a cookie and if you're deleting the cookies on exit, that is probably why you are seeing it all the time.  Take a look and let me know what you think until we figure out a work around.

I like the banner at the bottom of the page much better than the full page pop over. It doesn't force me to have to close it in order to read one of the reviews.

I don't have the browser set to auto delete cookies, but I do believe it is set to clear browsing history on exit. I have had issues with Firefox processing certain types of cookies related to financial processes in the past. There are a few online stores that I have to switch to chrome or some other browser in order to complete a transaction due to Firefox's internal security code and how the websites attempt to use cookies that cause Firefox to not process them.

@Eric - TIA could you consider changing the banner image link to the TIA home page instead of the forum? Or maybe a linked banner next to it? I use the "Home" button for the return to forum and I cannot find a link to the home page so I manually enter it...I''d probably visit the main page more often if there was a link that stuck out. Of course only consider it if others are in a similar boat, I feel bad for not visiting the main page more often but I always forget, the TIA home is pretty easy to overlook, in fact, I just renoticed it.

7 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

That's not a bad idea.  Do you have this tab to show up on your computer?  Just curious because maybe it's not showing up.  There should be a tab below the logo.  One of the tabs says, TIA Home Page.

Forum.JPG

I do, that was what I was referring to in my last sentence(it was an edit). I forgot it was here, those almost blend into the background, I really just noticed the "home" tab. Maybe even highlighting those tabs, like a white border if possible...though it's entirely possible that it's just me.

I checked the back end and I would have to get someone to code it different as it doesn't allow us to change colors or highlight.  I will have to figure out something because the only reason we have the logo point to the forum is a bunch of people said it would be easier to visit the forum home page.  I will see if we can do some highlight or something.

1 hour ago, Eric - TIA said:

I checked the back end and I would have to get someone to code it different as it doesn't allow us to change colors or highlight.  I will have to figure out something because the only reason we have the logo point to the forum is a bunch of people said it would be easier to visit the forum home page.  I will see if we can do some highlight or something.

It's not that big of a deal, it seems I'm the only one, no one else is commenting about the same problem haha. Thanks though, I appreciate all the work you put in for us!

• Like 1