Blade slips on Black & Decker skil saw

Qmavam

Hi all,

I have a B&D skill saw from the 80s Model 7392 Type 1.

I cannot tighten the lock screw tight enough to keep the blade from slipping.

I have resorted to slipping a diamond saw center on the shaft before inserting the

blade. This works but I want a fix.

One thing I question is the thickness of many of the new blades for sale, they are thinner,

is this the source of the problem?

Or looking at the explode view, https://www.toolpartsdirect.com/blackdecker-7392-type-1-2-hp-circular-saw.html

Item #4 goes on the drive shaft, the one on my saw rotates fairly easy and will slide off the shaft, I wonder if that

should be a press fit.     Or see attached image.

As I'm writing, I'm doubting the press fit, and leaning toward the thinner blade theory.

btw, I finally disassembled, cleaned out all the old grease, put in new grease and greased a dry bronze

motor bushing. Over 15 years ago my dad complained about my saw having such a bad vibration and

it was especially noisy during spin down.

After the regreasing the thing is like a new saw. I cut 72 feet of plywood today without any complaint.

Even so, I'm ordering a new bronze bushing, it was pretty worn.

Sorry, wanted to place first image with an image showing drive shaft, but didn't figure out how to delete the original,

or the extra.

Number 4.jpgSkillsaw.png.d415547cee295f709ce68b358947c955.png262139234_Number4.jpg.cc4d15ac7d0378d6cd32297768de50db.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Parts 2 and 4 should slide off the shaft of part 22 that the blade goes on. 4 should have a round hole and 2 should have a hole with two flat sides. This holde should mate snug on the shaft of 22 which has two matching flat sides. Part 4 may be missing causing the lockscrew to stop against the end of the shaft of 22. Either 2 or 4 could have been list and domeone tried to use a blade clamp from another B&D or different saw. If 2 has a square hole it definitely doesn't go on your saw. Your link shows both 2 and 4 are available. Hope I helped, even at this late date.