12v lineup

rrich1

Are you happy with the 12v lineup? I am interested in the multi tool, ratchet, and optical scope right now. I have a line of 18v Bosch tools and looking to add tools not available in the 18v line or significantly smaller like the multi tool. This is used to for home use (which seems to be more often now a days). As much as I would like to keep my theme of Bosch with their 12v lineup they seem to not be pumping out new tools.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's wild how often this topic comes up around here!

i have the m12 line and i love it. of the tools you mentioned i only own the multitool, but have heard great things about the scope. it's a decent price point for a basic scope, too. i have the regular drill/driver, not the hammerdrill, but reading up on the specs for the tool doesn't really impress me. seems like if you need that functionality than just use the 18v you already have because even if its older its bound to have more torque than the 12v.

never used the bosch lineup, so can't compare, but i can say that if you get the m12's, especially the Fuel, you will not regret it for a moment.

I love the 12v tools. The impact is great. I don't have the 12 v fuel hammer drill but I have a non fuel version. I drills into concrete ok, but you need an impact to screw the tapcons. Honestly I would invest in a cheaper 18v hammer drill.

Question about the hammer drill? Are they worth it? I'm not drilling all the time into concrete but with a basement it might be necessary.

Imo the hammer function on the m12 fuel drill is as worthless as any hammer function. I tried one drilling 5mm holes 20-30mm deep in concrete but finally gave up an plugged in the corded rotary hammer. I bought the m12 fuel rotary hammer the other day and will try that one next week. I would suggest that one if light masonry drilling is your goal

Thanks for the reply guys. Looking online an 18v bare tool hammer drill from Bosch isn't much more expensive than a 12v. The multi tool would be for light work. At the moment I cannot think of why I would need the heavier duty one but that will go out the window once I would buy a 12v lol.

I have the multi tool (pretty good) and the ratchet (haven't used seriously yet) and the hammer drill. The fuel hammer drill loses the compactness of the impact driver. It's about the same size as a compact m18 drill. I haven't used the hammer function yet but as a drill it works well. I do like the expanded lineup of Milwaukee as I own a couple other tools (sawzall, screwdriver and rotary tool).

I also have the Bosch 12v impact, drill and screwdriver. The impact is great and the most compact tool I have with great lights.

I like the Bosch as well as I like the m12 line. You wouldn't go wrong with either.

I really like Milwaukee's 12V lineup. The only tools I have so far are the 12V Fuel Impact Driver, the Sawzall (brushed version) and the Fuel 5-3/8" Circular Saw. They all work very well.

I wish I had more insight into the tools that your looking to get.

• Like 1

How are you liking the Circular Saw?

It's a little beast of a saw! And I'm very impressed with it.

Power:

It has a good amount of power, I was able to bog it down however when cutting some solid oak and beech wood. I was just trying to test the limits of the saw, but with normal use in 2 by materials and plywood, it ran through it like butter.

Portability:

This saw is light weight and a perfect saw to use for "pick up and go" type situations.

Battery life:

It's been pretty good, lasts me about a week on a 4.0 battery. I use it lightly around the shop to cut down plywood to manageable sizes. I also use it to cut up materials that come off the CNC machine. It get's used everyday, here and there.

Dust:

There is no blower or dust ejection, so dust gets everywhere. This might be a concern for some people, I guess, but its not for me.

Build:

This does not feel like a toy at all. Once you have it in your hands, you can tell that it's quality. I've used a Ryobi circ saw and that felt like a toy. The Milwaukee feels really solid. I especially like the depth adjustment and the bevel adjustments on this saw. I've also dropped it a few times and banged it against some stairs on accident and it's held up very well.

Conclusion:

I really like this saw. I've been letting the guys in the fabrication department use it and they love it. It's great to chop things up for the trash, cut down larger plywood, I've even built some quick saw horses with 15 degree compound cuts through 2 by materials with it. Of course, I wouldn't use this to frame a house, but you can get a lot of work done with this small saw.

• Like 1

It's a little beast of a saw! And I'm very impressed with it.

Power:

It has a good amount of power, I was able to bog it down however when cutting some solid oak and beech wood. I was just trying to test the limits of the saw, but with normal use in 2 by materials and plywood, it ran through it like butter.

Portability:

This saw is light weight and a perfect saw to use for "pick up and go" type situations.

Battery life:

It's been pretty good, lasts me about a week on a 4.0 battery. I use it lightly around the shop to cut down plywood to manageable sizes. I also use it to cut up materials that come off the CNC machine. It get's used everyday, here and there.

Dust:

There is no blower or dust ejection, so dust gets everywhere. This might be a concern for some people, I guess, but its not for me.

Build:

This does not feel like a toy at all. Once you have it in your hands, you can tell that it's quality. I've used a Ryobi circ saw and that felt like a toy. The Milwaukee feels really solid. I especially like the depth adjustment and the bevel adjustments on this saw. I've also dropped it a few times and banged it against some stairs on accident and it's held up very well.

Conclusion:

I really like this saw. I've been letting the guys in the fabrication department use it and they love it. It's great to chop things up for the trash, cut down larger plywood, I've even built some quick saw horses with 15 degree compound cuts through 2 by materials with it. Of course, I wouldn't use this to frame a house, but you can get a lot of work done with this small saw.

Thanks for typing up such a great review. I definatly have this saw on my wish list.

Thanks for typing up such a great review. I definatly have this saw on my wish list.

Your gonna love it. I also have the big brother, 7-1/4" Fuel Circular Saw 2731. Both of these saw's have really impressed me. I mostly use corded tools, since I'm either working in a shop or we usually bring a generator with us. After using these Milwaukee tools though, I think I can leave the generator behind. 

I like my M12 stuff a lot, though I don't have anything on your list.

What I do have:

Fuel hammer drill

Fuel 1/4" impact driver

Fuel 3/8" impact wrench

Right angle drill

Hackzall

For me, FOR ME, the angle drill has been essentially useless, not because it's a bad tool, I just haven't had a need for it. The Hackzall is useful, but somewhat limited by lack of power. I far and away like and use the impact wrench the most (that may speak more about the vehicles I drive more than anything else). Down the road I'd like to get the two ratchets, the 1/4" impact wrench, the circular saw, and a flashlight or two.

I like my M12 stuff a lot, though I don't have anything on your list.

What I do have:

Fuel hammer drill

Fuel 1/4" impact driver

Fuel 3/8" impact wrench

Right angle drill

Hackzall

For me, FOR ME, the angle drill has been essentially useless, not because it's a bad tool, I just haven't had a need for it. The Hackzall is useful, but somewhat limited by lack of power. I far and away like and use the impact wrench the most (that may speak more about the vehicles I drive more than anything else). Down the road I'd like to get the two ratchets, the 1/4" impact wrench, the circular saw, and a flashlight or two.

I forgot about one: the Euro market gets a Fuel 1/2" impact wrench, should I get the courage to risk ordering one....

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will wait a bit longer as I don't NEED a specific tool right now. I'm hoping Bosch will come out with some more stuff this year just to make it harder in my decision. Lol