L-Boxx Question/Rant

BK13

I've been poring over the Bosch website, drooling over tools, currently looking at a 6" ROS (ROS65VS-6)... would have loved to have picked up the 5"-6" combo in the L-Boxx, but I waited too long and Bosch disco'd it. I really want to get started in the L-Boxx system, but it seems like Bosch doesn't want to sell the tools with the boxes? Am I just not looking in the right spot, or are they just not available? (Also kinda interested in a barrel grip jigsaw.) It's enough to drive me to Festool!

so first at all, when you buy a bosch tool. look for the L in the product name. that means it comes in a lboxx.

some tools are available as bare tools ( B) or available in lboxx (L)

the ROS65VC-6 has no case or anything. check out the ROS65VCL - that kit includes the sander, 5" pad, 6" pad, lboxx3 etc. (but how it looks like it has been discontinued) maybe we will see a newer model of it)

and the barrel grib jigsaw is also available in a lboxx2 -> Bosch JS572EBL (the L stands for lboxx, also available as EB so bare tool)

EDIT: kinda over read your post BK - and you was talking about the discontinued combo kit.

its gonna be hard to find one now

BK, I've got the ROS65VCL. Absolutely love the machine. Generally speaking Bosch sells the tools with the inserts or none and in many cases, tool only with the l boxx. I just bought the brushless hammer drill from HD tool only and it came with the insert. I think Bosch wants you to buy the Sortimo cases on their own. They are pretty expensive, less than the Dewalt cases, a little less than the standard Systainers, but have a ton of variety. I think I currently have about six l boxxes, three 1a's, one 1, one 2 and one 3. With Festool, my tools come packaged in a sized Tanos Systainer.

Thus far my MXH multi tool and my ROS65VCL came in l boxes. Truthfully I keep all of my cordless Bosch tools out of the boxes with my ROS snuggled up in its l boxx in a drawer u der my assembly table.

so first at all, when you buy a bosch tool. look for the L in the product name. that means it comes in a lboxx.

some tools are available as bare tools ( B) or available in lboxx (L)

Ahh, good intel. That should save me some stomach acid looking a Bosch's site! Thanks, brutha!

Random question. Any of you have any of the 4's? If so, wth are you guys stuffing in them? These things are DEEP! I just picked up two of them and I am now wondering if I even need any this size.

I have 2 lboxx3's filled with stuff. One box has all paint supplies and another has my sander, grinder and accessories for both in them. I doubt I would ever get a lboxx4. 

BK, I've got the ROS65VCL. Absolutely love the machine. Generally speaking Bosch sells the tools with the inserts or none and in many cases, tool only with the l boxx. I just bought the brushless hammer drill from HD tool only and it came with the insert. I think Bosch wants you to buy the Sortimo cases on their own. They are pretty expensive, less than the Dewalt cases, a little less than the standard Systainers, but have a ton of variety. I think I currently have about six l boxxes, three 1a's, one 1, one 2 and one 3. With Festool, my tools come packaged in a sized Tanos Systainer.

Thus far my MXH multi tool and my ROS65VCL came in l boxes. Truthfully I keep all of my cordless Bosch tools out of the boxes with my ROS snuggled up in its l boxx in a drawer u der my assembly table.

Have you gotten the hammer drill in? How do you like it? I had it in my cart for a month and never pulled the trigger. I really should have it was a great price for less than $90. :(

I have 2 lboxx3's filled with stuff. One box has all paint supplies and another has my sander, grinder and accessories for both in them. I doubt I would ever get a lboxx4.

Now that you mention it. I could probably fit all my paint stuff in the 4. Drop cloths, trays, rollers, brushes, etc. Right now, all that stuff is scattered about different shelves in the garage.

Anyone recommend a decent labeler?

Now that you mention it. I could probably fit all my paint stuff in the 4. Drop cloths, trays, rollers, brushes, etc. Right now, all that stuff is scattered about different shelves in the garage.

Anyone recommend a decent labeler?

I looked for a label maker not to long ago but didn't get very far with it lol. It is nice having everything in one box. Can take it with you and you know everything is there. Anything paint related is in the box minus drop cloths or trays. Paint sticks and openers are in there as well. No more trying to remember where stuff is scattered at. 

Label:

get some plastic business card holder with adhesive in the back (amazon.com). print out the right size for it with name, maybe a picture and there you go

(credit goes to a member in a different forum)

What you put in Lboxx4's ?!

router and all accessories

circular saw with accessories and blades

build in mini air compressor

several inserts when you still have space in there.

Have you gotten the hammer drill in? How do you like it? I had it in my cart for a month and never pulled the trigger. I really should have it was a great price for less than $90. :(

@rrich1 no I have the slot sitting on my Kapex right now! I have been keeping the drill hanging on the wall next to my ODH182. When I post some pics of the shop, there will be some showing the Bosch set up and I've been keeping this guy there. Absolutely awesome deal, I really lucked out. I think I paid $84 for it brand new on HD site but it has shot back up in price again. I'm not sure but I will probably set up an l boxx for transporting this and the IDH182 for the occasion when I leave the house to do work at my Mother in Laws or at my brothers farm.