2460-21 Rotary Tool Thoughts?

Stercorarius

I'm looking at the new(ish) rotary tool and was wondering if its worth the $100. I know you can get a real cordless dremel for $10 cheaper but I like my Milwaukee batteries. Does anyone have experience with one of these? I'd like any input you have. If no one has one I'll buy one for the advancement of "science".

If you already have the m12 system I would stick with that, not sure how the stats compare though, you can use any of the shanks of the tools but the only thin about dremel is all the additions to the tools where you can't with milwaukee.

In my experience with my corded dremel all the dremel attachments never really get used. The only time they would is when I'm next to an outlet and can use my corded one.

In my experience with my corded dremel all the dremel attachments never really get used. The only time they would is when I'm next to an outlet and can use my corded one.

The only attachments I've used are the planer attachment and the extension wand, which has come pretty valuable.  Just food for thought dude, and not all attachments may work on the cordless any who.  Recently my dremel just sits on the top shelf and collects dust.

• Like 1

The only attachments I've used are the planer attachment and the extension wand, which has come pretty valuable.  Just food for thought dude, and not all attachments may work on the cordless any who.  Recently my dremel just sits on the top shelf and collects.

Yeah, thank you. I appreciate the input. 

54969_2460-20-lg.jpg

As far as specs go it looks like the Milwaukee has a few ounces lighter than the Dremel and substantially faster charging speed along with another 2,000 rpm. Really as far as specs go Milwaukee has a slight advantage but Dremel has the name going for it. Really though if I had to choose between the two I'd go with the Milwaukee. I'm just don't want to buy it and find a fatal flaw.

Yeah, thank you. I appreciate the input. 

54969_2460-20-lg.jpg

As far as specs go it looks like the Milwaukee has a few ounces lighter than the Dremel and substantially faster charging speed along with another 2,000 rpm. Really as far as specs go Milwaukee has a slight advantage but Dremel has the name going for it. Really though if I had to choose between the two I'd go with the Milwaukee. I'm just don't want to buy it and find a fatal flaw.

Are you into the m12 line?

I have the m12 rotary tool, I haven't used it much, cant remember when I got it, I used it a little for carving /rounding out to put hinges on a door that I was modifying. It's nice to have. Then I got a cheap accessories kit to go along with.

I wanted to make more videos but haven't had the chance so this is my only one so far

https://youtu.be/x34WR-k6-AM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

as it were the Milwaukee and dremel attachments can be interchanged.......along with other brands of rotory tools

Hey, why you gotta be like that man?[emoji6] I was hoping someone would talk me out of buying one and now I can't not buy one. I even feel like I need two for some reason.

as it were the Milwaukee and dremel attachments can be interchanged.......along with other brands of rotory tools

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Nice Comp good to know that. I have some dremel accessories so I need to get the m12 rotary tool.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

I have been debating between the Milwaukee and Dremel cordless so the timing for this thread couldn't be better. I am thinking about going with the milwaukee only because I figure I can get into their 12v line.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I use my Dremel a lot, enough that it's hanging ready to go with a flex shaft at my bench.  The big difference for me between dremel brand and knockoffs is wobble in the chuck which I heard is bad with the M12.  Sticking a dremel flex shaft on it should solve the problem though.

ya I have 3 rotory tools plugged in ready for action with different bits, the Milwaukee is also nice to grab and do something mobile....

Damn it... 3 hours ago had no desire for this tool, comp throws a couple pictures here we go again!

Pretty awesome Dremel stuff fits though, good to know.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny you mention that, the other day I was wondering how I could put a 1/2" impact to good use........because of your post....so we are even...lol

• Like 1