Cordless screwdriver

JVP26

Not an electrician , however 

I just got the DeWALT gyroscopic, haven't even charged the batteries yet .... I will let you know how I like it long term, so far so good

• Like 1

I'm an electrician. I had the makita quite a few years ago. The lack of an adjustable speed is ridiculously annoying. Looks like the m4 has the same issue

I do have the dewalt gyroscopic and it's nice for plugs and switches.

None of these will replace a nice 12v impact driver. I do find the dewalt handy. Don't really use it too often though.

Isn't the m12 screwdriver basically the same as an m12 impact driver ?

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Without the impact function, more like a drill with a 1/4" hex connection but it has a really good clutch on it

4 hours ago, Fazzman said:

I agree,its one of my most used tools around the house. the grips are nice too.

From holding a Milwaukee then a Bosch 12v tool, I think the Bosch is a little slimmer, it looks like their battery packs are slimmer, too.

But that only really comes into effect on the drills and impacts and hackzall. There are so many m12 tools that don't even utilize the battery as the grip like the drill does. PVC Shears, PEX tool, ratchet, OMT, copper tubing cutter, palm nailer... oh wait Bosch doesn't make a lot of those so it's a moot point lol

Anyways, if memory serves right, the Bosch grip was a littler slimmer and I can see the appeal for smaller hands

I just realized i have the 2401 as well D'oh!! It's my least used m12 tool, and one day we were on a job, i was using my m12 impact and the other guy working with me went to go look for another impact or something to tighten a few machine screws on a couple clamps.. he comes back with the m12 screwdriver and I stared at it for a minute trying to understand how he had found that when I didn't even realize I still had it!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

From holding a Milwaukee then a Bosch 12v tool, I think the Bosch is a little slimmer, it looks like their battery packs are slimmer, too.

But that only really comes into effect on the drills and impacts and hackzall. There are so many m12 tools that don't even utilize the battery as the grip like the drill does. PVC Shears, PEX tool, ratchet, OMT, copper tubing cutter, palm nailer... oh wait Bosch doesn't make a lot of those so it's a moot point lol

Anyways, if memory serves right, the Bosch grip was a littler slimmer and I can see the appeal for smaller hands

I dont own any Milwaukee so its all moot to me brother hehe  :)

I've broken faceplates by over tighten with a regular screwdriver I'm not a fan of using power tools in that application one slide on a flat blade and scratch or broken faceplate instantly lol I'm just old school I guess. If I had to use a power tool looks like the dewalt gyro driver would give the most control but a lot of getting used to it. I have considered getting it a time or two just haven't got myself talked into it.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

I use my impact on metal plates and junction box covers, don't have to be as careful as plastic ones, just dont go hog wild. Works especially well to run in the long screws of receptacles (or remove them) because with a screwdriver, it takes forever to run those long screws in!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use my impact on metal plates and junction box covers, don't have to be as careful as plastic ones, just dont go hog wild. Works especially well to run in the long screws of receptacles (or remove them) because with a screwdriver, it takes forever to run those long screws in!

All about control with whatever you use and not jamming the screws in full blast, whether it's an impact, drill, screwdriver you can achieve the same results, when you use an impact you finger is the safety

• Like 1

The M12 fuel impact has the 2 modes which is nice. One is balls to the wall power and the other is more for finesse work. That's why i like that little impact driver.

I love that little fuel, thing has 1200 inch pounds of torque, there's 18v tools that don't have that! The fuel screwdriver is good to, that thing is 2 speed

57 minutes ago, DR99 said:

The M12 Fuel drill is nice it's a little too big and bulky though the one downside for a 12v class tool.

I agree the M12 drill is a little bulky ......I grab the M12 impact 99% of the time to do the same thing practically... faster smaller and just as powerful 

17 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I agree bro,I just replaced a few receptacles and metal covers in back yard this week. Started by hand driver then said to myself this is taking longer than I want it to,broke out the 12v and got it done.

Yes I talk to myself :)

• Like 2