Makita gold magnetic torsion bot holders

wildroamer

I have the top one, it's really nice, the teal sleeve will act as a depth stop to give your screws a good counter sink. Actually I have the bottom one too, came in a kit, just a good bit holder nothing fancy.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BTW, if you find yourself ordering form KC Tool or somewhere that sells Felo, their bit holders have the best magnet I've ever seen in a regular profile bit holder. It's strong enough to easily magnetize 2" bits well and barely magnetize a 3.5" bit. Most bit holders struggle to magnetize a 1" bit.

Makita is the best brand HD or Lowe's sells for bits(the Gold specifically), hands down...but they're also the most expensive and the only ones that aren't made in China, Makita Golds are made in Japan.

• Like 3

I dont have either of these,but have heard great things about them. I wouldnt mind getting one to try.

I have had good luck with one of the Dewalt ones,its actually a pretty decent holder:    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWA3HLDIR-IMPACT-FlexTorq-Screwlock/dp/B00GMHDRMS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462856930&sr=8-6&keywords=dewalt+bit+holder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

BTW, if you find yourself ordering form KC Tool or somewhere that sells Felo, their bit holders have the best magnet I've ever seen in a regular profile bit holder. It's strong enough to easily magnetize 2" bits well and barely magnetize a 3.5" bit. Most bit holders struggle to magnetize a 1" bit.

Makita is the best brand HD or Lowe's sells for bits(the Gold specifically), hands down...but they're also the most expensive and the only ones that aren't made in China, Makita Golds are made in Japan.

Can confirm.  My Felo VDE bit holder will hold a 1/4" lag on a 2" bit

• Like 3

I think the left one is the same as the right one if you remove the sleeve.  The sleeve is the only part that makes it really special.

No it isn't the left one is magnetic and the right one is only magnetic with the leave when you remove the sleeve its just a holder without the magnet as I bought it thinking it was magnetic with or without the sleeve and I was wrong

• Like 1

The Dewalt mag sleeves are strong too,easily hold 3 inch construction screws.

I use the one I linked above with the bits that come with Spax screws(only wood screws I use nowadays) works really well,bit retention is awesome. Dewalt Flextorq bits are kinda meh but that holder is awesome. Maxfit are much closer to goodness of the Makita gold bits.

Hard to go wrong with either of those sets because they are easy to find at HD and such.

• Like 2

The Dewalt mag sleeves are strong too,easily hold 3 inch construction screws.

I use the one I linked above with the bits that come with Spax screws(only wood screws I use nowadays) works really well,bit retention is awesome. Dewalt Flextorq bits are kinda meh but that holder is awesome. Maxfit are much closer to goodness of the Makita gold bits.

Hard to go wrong with either of those sets because they are easy to find at HD and such.

Dewalt has a good mag sleeve, not a fan of the flex torqs. The mag on the max fits is a little weaker, if I'm using the small 1" bits I'll use makita over the dewalt.

• Like 2

Yeah the flextorq bits are pretty soft at the tip,at least with the Phillips bits,the torx,square,and hex ones seem a little better.  Im gonna try and hit HD on Friday and see if I cant score some Makita gold holders and bits. Holders and bits mmmm sounds like tasty kibble.

• Like 3

Yeah the flextorq bits are pretty soft at the tip,at least with the Phillips bits,the torx,square,and hex ones seem a little better.  Im gonna try and hit HD on Friday and see if I cant score some Makita gold holders and bits. Holders and bits mmmm sounds like tasty kibble.

They got a nice kit with a case for 20 but doesn't come with the mag sleeve

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

They got a nice kit with a case for 20 but doesn't come with the mag sleeve

Thanks for the heads up man,looks pretty cheap on Amazon.

Today I had to get some stuff for my daughters bday squared away so no tools yet today other than some spare hose nozzles that I found for $5 a double pack for metal ones.

Supposed to hit 90° today so just staying cool for now hehe.

I am in need of a bottle of anti seize and some penetrating oil. I may go check out the new Napa auto like 3 blocks from home now. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Makita gold are my go to bits now after some shockwave disappointment and Dewalt (as usual) having too many names and variations to discern. The bit holder (teal) makes running screws in so much easier. Had to run a couple hundred feet of airline/fluid line etc. A few weeks back and it made the overhead work a breeze w my impact. 

• Like 2