John Stewart on "The Axe Files"

JMG

1 hour ago, kruton said:

Two things I never debate, religion and politics. Very rarely ever ends well.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Im right there with you, I am not easily swayed and there is very little anyone can tell me or really anyone that can persuade someone to change their whole belief system.

On 5/11/2016 at 7:11 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Im right there with you, I am not easily swayed and there is very little anyone can tell me or really anyone that can persuade someone to change their whole belief system.

Yea. That's the issue with debate. People get angry when they can't win, but that's not the purpose of debate to begin with. Casual conversation about politics is possible, people just have to understand first and foremost that one's opinions are only that. There's nothing worth getting mad at one another for...anger at politicians is where the focus should be. 

I'd be all for a thread dedicated to open conversation under such terms. Anyone else? 

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/1297-welcome-to-the-tia-forums/

Sorry @Hugh Jass but the rules say no politics. Jason spoke on this already as far as it not getting out of hand but the forums are designed to keep that ugly side out. Kind of like why my Dad and I don't talk politics. Actually my Wife and I don't either. Not worth the headache!

• Like 2