What's your favorite 12v brushless line?

Nathan Valdez

I'm liking the Bosch 12v line, when the new stuff comes out I. I'd like to pick that kit up but in terms of a comprehensive 12v line you really can't fight with the Milwaukee m12 line. They have a lot of great offerings that some manufactures don't offer in any platform, cordless ratchets, Palm nailer, PVC knife, copper tubing cutter, 5 3/8" circular saw and even a 6.0 ah battery coming out. Bosch makes some great tools but I consider the size of the line too before committing.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The great thing about Bosch is that they make great tools and they make compact 12v tools.

The reason I prefer Milwaukee is they give you a ton of options and they're always more powerful than you'd expect for a 12 volt tool.

I wish Milwaukee would add a compact sub-lineup to the m12 line, make it brushed or something but give us size options and maybe we buy both(like I did with the hackzalls). You simply can't beat Bosch right now on size and a 12 volts number one reason for existing is size.

• Like 2

The great thing about Bosch is that they make great tools and they make compact 12v tools.

The reason I prefer Milwaukee is they give you a ton of options and they're always more powerful than you'd expect for a 12 volt tool.

I wish Milwaukee would add a compact sub-lineup to the m12 line, make it brushed or something but give us size options and maybe we buy both(like I did with the hackzalls). You simply can't beat Bosch right now on size and a 12 volts number one reason for existing is size.

Yes I'd love to have the Bosch, the m12 fuel drill is so big and stepping down to the brushed isn't a huge drop in size either

I have bosch and metabo and like them both but I do like the slide on packs like dewalt and the new makita as they just feel better to grip what are your thoughts on this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends, if your going for compactness you always have the battery hanging off the handle regardless off the size. I don't mind the stick packs for 12v, but I like the fuel guage on the makitas.

Depends, if your going for compactness you always have the battery hanging off the handle regardless off the size. I don't mind the stick packs for 12v, but I like the fuel guage on the makitas.

Yeah I like the look of them I've just bought a 5.2 ah battery for my metabo and that has the gauge on as well as on the tool itself which is good and the battery lasts ages and I mean ages efd94b3a05c02b997251e4a4bf2d78bb.jpg63889240805011ed74d06e5d80b4e2d9.jpg

• Like 1

I'm up for the Bosch but man I'd love to try that Metabo line! I've got 5 Bosch 12vs....2 heated jackets (awesome), the FL12 light (friggin awesome), the 12v vacuum (great for sawdust cleanup around my tools but not much else) and my brushless 12v screwdriver. Awesome little gun. My favorite compact that unfortunately is one of a kind???? My Festool CXS. Honestly the most handy drill driver I've ever used. It's technically a 10.8v but so are most of the other 12v tools.

• Like 2

I'm up for the Bosch but man I'd love to try that Metabo line! I've got 5 Bosch 12vs....2 heated jackets (awesome), the FL12 light (friggin awesome), the 12v vacuum (great for sawdust cleanup around my tools but not much else) and my brushless 12v screwdriver. Awesome little gun. My favorite compact that unfortunately is one of a kind???? My Festool CXS. Honestly the most handy drill driver I've ever used. It's technically a 10.8v but so are most of the other 12v tools.

I have plenty of bosch 10.8v and a few metabo 10.8v and the bosch is a better line up but the metabo there's just something about it I love it and there's nothing fancy about it but it just does the job well and even the 1.5ah batteries last ages I swear metabo battery technology is the best

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nathan Valdez said:

What do you guys think of the new TIA video on the Makati 12v drill/impact?

From the looks of it they look pretty powerful, but nothing to amazing!!  I would like to see a gun fight on Makati 12v brushless and bosch 12v brushless!! Lol

I'd be really excited for makita if they kept the stick pack design.  Their new 12V drill is the size of the bosch (the motor and chuck part) but with the power of M12 fuel.  The problem is that battery hanging off the bottom messes up the ergonomics more than a thicker handle for me.

All the 12v are 10.8 of you put a meter on them the no load voltage may be 12, just like the Dewalt 20v, slew of marketing by adding the Max in there.

26 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I don't know who started the re branding of 10.8 volt tools to 12v Max.

Back in NiCd tools, some were actually 12V so I think many 10.8V was marketed as 12V from the beginning.  Of course in some other countries stricter marketing laws and/or public pressure make them use the nominal voltages.

I love my 12v Bosch. Can't beat the size, it's really handy. The only thing for me that Milwaukee has them beat on is the number of tools in the lineup. Power doesn't really concern me since I didn't get into a 12v line for power, I was after the compactness. I would like to try the Hilti 12v or the Metabo though.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I love my 12v Bosch. Can't beat the size, it's really handy. The only thing for me that Milwaukee has them beat on is the number of tools in the lineup. Power doesn't really concern me since I didn't get into a 12v line for power, I was after the compactness. I would like to try the Hilton 12v or the Metabo though.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Yeah I would like to see a bigger line up in the bosch as well as metabo as metabo doesn't have much at all and I haven't seen any brushless metabo yet

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craigh9916 said:

Yeah I would like to see a bigger line up in the bosch as well as metabo as metabo doesn't have much at all and I haven't seen any brushless metabo yet

I agree... but in time they'll have a bigger line. And it will be awesome. 

• Like 1

I agree... but in time they'll have a bigger line. And it will be awesome. 

Yeah, I feel like all of their 12v offerings are really solid. Next on my list is the 12v vac.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes I hope so , I had the recip saw and one good thing with it was you could use jigsaw blades in it as well as recip blades

Where do you buy your 10.8v Metabo?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1