Jigsaw

sadfkjnbb

I love my m18 jigsaw, fantastic tool. The only two minor complaints are that it's missing a LED and when you adjust the shoe for a bevel cut you have to remove the anti-splinter piece. The anti-splinter piece can only be used at 0 and 15 degrees. 

Was using a friend's M18 earlier today and it's on the nicer end of jigsaws I've used.  The last jigsaw I'd used before that was a Dewalt cordless so when I pulled the trigger the first time I thought the saw was broken there was so little vibration.

What cordless battery platforms do you already have?

I'm on the M12 and M18 platforms right now. I just got a new M12 fuel combo drill and impact so I'm committed there but my M18 tools are pretty beat up and getting to the point they need to be replaced so I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to Makita or Bosch before I take the plunge on another tool. I thought I had my mind made up on the M18 but after watching Jimbos video I dunno. Or maybe getting a Makita. Or a Bosch... Dammit

• Like 2

I'm on the M12 and M18 platforms right now. I just got a new M12 fuel combo drill and impact so I'm committed there but my M18 tools are pretty beat up and getting to the point they need to be replaced so I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to Makita or Bosch before I take the plunge on another tool. I thought I had my mind made up on the M18 but after watching Jimbos video I dunno. Or maybe getting a Makita. Or a Bosch... Dammit

New dewalt xrs are some amazing tools

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still only have the corded Bosch, but I think the jigsaw is about the only cordless tool that I still really would use a lot. The rest are just cordless tools that would be nice to have but not a deal breaker. Bosch does make some great jigsaws. I think the jigsaw I had before I got the Bosch was an old Black & Decker. Talk about night and day difference!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I still only have the corded Bosch, but I think the jigsaw is about the only cordless tool that I still really would use a lot. The rest are just cordless tools that would be nice to have but not a deal breaker. Bosch does make some great jigsaws. I think the jigsaw I had before I got the Bosch was an old Black & Decker. Talk about night and day difference!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I started with a black n decker also and have a corded Bosch now that I've had for some time. Don't know yet if I want a cordless one of any brand. I don't use it too often but when I do it's great to have.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

• Like 1

Well since I needed it today I bit the bullet and got an M18 kit. The special for May is buy a kit and get additional 4.0 battery so that made it a litttle less painful when swiping the old CC. I was tempted by the M12 but I just had reservations about cutting through thicker material with it so I figured go big or go home.

Once I got it out first thing i noticed it its got some heft to it but not to the point that its uncomfortable or awkward to use but its not light by any means. Seems just about right to be able to let the saw do the cutting instead of having to push it through (that was one of the concerns I had with the M12). Once I fired her up I was pretty surprised how well it worked and how much power it has. The "splinter guard" and clear plastic cover are pretty worthless if you ask me, they just got plugged up and I couldn't get a clear line of sight to the blade so off they went. I had bought the Ridgid Fuego compact jig saw (r31011) a couple months ago to replace an old black and decker I had suffered with for years and comparing the Ridgid to this thing the Milwaukee is hands down my choice. I'm overall pretty happy with it. The only con I can think of (after only using it for part of a day which isn't much to go one) is I don't like the blow mold case, its WAY to frikin big for what its carrying. I know its for carrying the extra battery and charger from site to site but I don't need it for that. And the splinter guard and plastic cover for the blade, hinders more than helps in my experience.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2016 at 0:54 AM, Craigh9916 said:

Bosch invented the jigsaw and are known for great jigsaws , I have the bosch 18v and it's the best cordless I've used it just feels right unlike the dewalt which is like a brick !

Well for the sake of correctness Bosch bought out the company who invented, produced and marketed jigsaws. SwItserland company  scintilla.

Bosch did not invent the jigsaw themselves

• Like 1

Yeah the Bosch 7.2 is nice but my Carvex is really nice  of course if I wanted to spend 7 bones I could get the Mafell...........;)

How much is the Carvex? The Bosch is usually 300

Jimbo