How do you guys hang your ladders in the garage?

I have four ladders in my garage and I was wondering if there's a better way to hang or mount them. What do you guys do please post pictures or links...

I have this one mounted on regular 4 inch deep screw in brackets:

97280ff80314bb028689592c6b67cff4.jpg

b3518c6d4c8bbafe6f4225d5987c23b0.jpg

Then I just hang my smaller wooden and aluminum ones on a nail:

6d6bbe1b4c2ec06bfdd5fe664e0083f9.jpg

And then I'm going to hang this larger one on the opposite wall (The left hook is getting moved over 6 feet):

a3818c1ae1b106bb380c23e68f48a3b5.jpg

4e57ad15158cb0a13f93670878cb5baa.jpg

c30f9deccf645943c8d42557d416d648.jpg

• Like 1

Geez no one, I never get the cold shoulder around here like this ha ha. Just asking because I have a Home Depot coupon that expires tomorrow so I have to get all my brackets. I have a 50% off thing. Plus the last like four times I went the person at self check out honored. the 20% off Harbor freight one

You have to give people time, two hours is not enough time to sneeze let alone post and show photos. I use shelf brackets, and the small wooden ladder I have hangs on a mount I made out of scrap wood.

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

• Like 4

The shelf bracket thing is very interesting I really like that!@kato There are so many crazy things online and at Home Depot like where you connect one side and then pull a string the other side and it sucks all your ladders flat to the ceiling but I think that may be kind of too much Haha.

This is how the larger 24 foot ladder turned out these were just brackets I had laying around as well. Sorry for the shitty pictures. As you can tell my next project is figuring out what kind of lighting to do and the best way to do it in the garage before I finish the attic floor
0edeb9ab79fb868b9c3cb9d78c1f7395.jpg
db8950f247e9007c2a61d7292d1396dd.jpg

These cabinets also went in today I got them free from a friend who redid a house not bad

a76cf5202fd0be54aaabd901c1481aa8.jpg

• Like 2

The two sets of cabinets in my garage came from neighbors who were tossing them out. If I can re-purpose something I do, there's no sense in tossing out perfectly good cabinets, even if you can afford it. The people who tossed them could have used them in their garage, basement, etc..

The shelf brackets are great because you can basically put them anywhere, and hang anything on them. The ones with the sideways ladder are hung with 1/4"x2 1/2" construction screws into the studs, and the other ones are bolted to a piece of plywood, and the plywood is screwed to the stud. I hung on the ones with the sideways ladder, they didn't budge under my 200 pounds. Those construction screws are bad-ass.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

This is how the larger 24 foot ladder turned out these were just brackets I had laying around as well. Sorry for the shitty pictures. As you can tell my next project is figuring out what kind of lighting to do and the best way to do it in the garage before I finish the attic floor
0edeb9ab79fb868b9c3cb9d78c1f7395.jpg
db8950f247e9007c2a61d7292d1396dd.jpg

These cabinets also went in today I got them free from a friend who redid a house not bad

a76cf5202fd0be54aaabd901c1481aa8.jpg

Timmy, I have quite a few of those brackets and I like them, that's a great score on those cabinets 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

I hang one in my shed, which I will have to get a picture of.  The rest I don't hang.  I wish I had the room to hang them up, but I would loose so much shelf space.  Now I just loose floor space, lol.

Hang them from the ceiling. I will take some pictures of mine when I go home on lunch. 

• Like 1

Here are mine

IMG_20160531_242153776_zpsxdkcakml.jpg

IMG_20160531_242201385_zpskvay2tq6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

How the hell do you get that longer one up there looks like you need to put it up on one side and then struggle to keep it from hitting the ceiling to push it all the way back or is this one of those adjustable thanks

• Like 1

How the hell do you get that longer one up there looks like you need to put it up on one side and then struggle to keep it from hitting the ceiling to push it all the way back or is this one of those adjustable thanks

It's been a whole since I took it down so I can't remember if I can do it from the middle of them or have to go to one end. But I do remember it being easy. It is fiberglass so it isn't super heavy. It is threaded rod with plastic tubing so it spins freely.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk