Max high pressure air compressor

Jimfish

The Max high pressure compressor is meant to go with their High Pressure nail guns. You can dial it down to a normal Psi for normal air tools but unless you plan to buy into the the Max system I don't see a huge benefit on the cost of the Max compressor. It's expensive in the USA I can't imagine the cost in Australia then.

Yeah I knew they were expensive.the one I googled had 4 outlets, 2 high pressure and 2 standard. It's not really the high pressure I'm after but the size and weight will help with fitting all my gear in the ute. Just not sure if a small compressor like that will keep the air up to 2 framing guns.

You have to do the math on the nail guns and compressor you want to buy. It's weird that they have the wrong electrical spec's listed though. It's hard to recommend compressors to a person in another retail market the selections you have compared to me are the same yet vastly different at the same time. Some brands might not be sold or the prices are significantly different. When you mentioned the Max high pressure system I was surprised it never really took off even though its pretty interesting.

Interesting, that's a new one. I wonder if these would be allowed at places with strict OSHA surveillance?

Very compact unit tho to be sure, it's similar in concept to the higher voltage batteries that would require less amperage to do the same work as a lower voltage battery that would require more amps.... if I have that basic principle down... higher pressures would require lower cfm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Makita makes a whole line of high pressure compressors and nailers primarily marketed to Asia.  Since the typical worker is smaller the smaller, lighter high pressure nailers are easier to handle.  I can't say I've seen one on a jobsite and if so it was probably dialed down to low pressure.  I would be too worried about someone connecting a low pressure tool and injuring themselves to use one.