DDF083 New Brushless 18V 1/4" Hex Drill Driver

marsh942

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

What is the main purpose of these? screwdriver?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Basically it's a 1/4" hex chuck with a drill driver body. Great because the jacobs chuck is out of the picture making it more compact however you naturally cannot use regular drill bits. Sometimes these screwdrivers don't have the same torque as their brother drills but my Bosch for instance is just as powerful as its counterpart with a Jacobs and I'd bet this thing would have the same or similar torque as a drill.

• Like 2

What the hell? I need this too !!! Xmas can't come soon enough!

Agree, this essentially looks like the XFD11ZB with the chuck swapped for QR hex, which means additional weight savings and more control due to the shorter nose. I would primarily use this as a driver, but if you need to drill a quick hole, you can use hex shank drill bits. Much faster than loosening and tightening up a traditional chuck. I hope this makes its way to the US soon.

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Basically it's a 1/4" hex chuck with a drill driver body. Great because the jacobs chuck is out of the picture making it more compact however you naturally cannot use regular drill bits. Sometimes these screwdrivers don't have the same torque as their brother drills but my Bosch for instance is just as powerful as its counterpart with a Jacobs and I'd bet this thing would have the same or similar torque as a drill.

gotya. thanks Chris

• Like 1