Quadsaw

khariV

Ran across this today and, while I'm intrigued, I'm not entirely sure what it would be good for.

slide1.jpg

Apparently, these guys have come up with a drill based attachment that will saw outlet holes in drywall super fast.  The problem I see is, who would use this?  In new construction, the outlets are attached to the studs BEFORE the drywall goes up. No good there.  For existing construction, to retrofit an outlet or switch box, I guess it could be useful, but then again you'd need to know where the studs are so you wouldn't end up misplacing the box and, more importantly, how often do you really find yourself retrofitting new outlet boxes into existing walls?   It's hardly a high production sort of task.

So, while really cool, this just looks like a solution in search of a problem, but I figured I'd share here to see what the crew thinks.

12 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

This has been out for awhile already.
http://www.techtoolsupply.com/QBit-Cut-In-Saw-for-Multi-Tools-Single-Gang-p/lss-sqs1000-s.htm

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think the op one moves each blade independently so they're always cutting linearly whereas that one would be moving the blades at a 45 degree angle near the corners.  It might just not matter though.

15 minutes ago, pancing said:

Rather have the multi tool one, fuck having that 600$ festool drill anywhere near drywall lol

Yeah, you really want to alienate your average user besides the hefty price tag? put a festool on it.... plus wheres the dust collection? if that's a festool drill (or anything Festool for that matter) in the pic, i want dust collection with it!!!

6 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah, you really want to alienate your average user besides the hefty price tag? put a festool on it.... plus wheres the dust collection? if that's a festool drill (or anything Festool for that matter) in the pic, i want dust collection with it!!!

tbh you could have made it more enticing if you used a cheap black and decker drill on it to show that you don't need a huge amount of power or an expensive tool

• Like 1