What are your recent flea market or pawn shop finds?

DerekTheToolGuy

Hey all what are some of your new recent pawn shop and flea market finds? I love hunting for good deals I got at least once or twice a week and scored many a deal. My most recent from pawn shop we're about 40 sockets a mix of craftsman, sk, and a snapon here an there, 1 pair of Mac channel lock ppliers, 1 pair of robo pliers craftsman, and 3 craftmans and a DBE Gedore all for $10 bucks also a free B&D electric weed eater for some reason I always get free stuff I guess because loose tools have no sticker and everything else are in computer and is easiest to just ring up something they can't sell to make room. Anyways love that place as you can get a small shoe box full for $5 a box. My most recent Flea market scores we're about 70 wright sockets for $1 each but got all for 50 as I always get a deal for buying bulk as got some Armstrong and SK sockets same price and some newer snap on sockets for $5 each well about $3.50ish as I got a deal this time on those. That place is crazy they want $5 for snap on or Mac and $2 for craftsman and $1 for industrial brands and rest of what they got like China or no name lol... They don't know much about tools because they bought the whole lot from the family of the original owner who passed. They got 10's of thousands of sockets and other tools accept ratchets as I'd say are the first thing that sold... But did find a 1/2 Beta tools ratchet with orange hard handle made in Italy for $2 couldn't believe I found that one it was thrown in with broken ratchets in a tool box and wasn't broke. Score lol Anyways love to hear what you all have found I'm having trouble posting pics from my phone it's a galaxy. Pics would be cool and instructions for me 2. Thanks all happy hunting! 

• Like 2

The pawn shops around me generally have a pretty beat up tool section but have new tool prices. I would agree with Comp, it must really vary based on location. Ours seem to have a lot of electronics and guitars mostly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

Also got a bunch of older Williams kobalt sockets as I love those things and buy everyone I find now if I could find the 3/8 ratchet to go with them lol. 

I have a fee but no sockets

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 8:38 PM, pancing said:

I have a fee but no sockets

Not sure what ya ment there, If you look on the older kobalt sockets they have exact same font as snap on sockets along with a snap on date code stamped on them and have same look and feel except for the knurling and name and font is a little bigger. Ive looked everywhere for a ratchet.

Just now, DerekTheToolGuy said:

Not sure what ya ment there, If you look on the older kobalt sockets they have exact same font as snap on sockets along with a snap on date code stamped on them and have same look and feel except for the knurling and name and font is a little bigger. Ive looked everywhere for a ratchet.

I have a Few of the older ratchets but no sockets, I have the newer sockets which are taiwanese made

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 0:08 AM, BMack37 said:

I do pretty well at pawn shops and have shared a lot of them so I have pics but nothing recently because I have no money to spend right now :(

Im in same boat but usually only gotta spend $5 and i get alot

9 hours ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

I can take a picture of my old Kobalt Williams USA sockets, I have the full 3/8" master set. Here's a semi-old phone pic:

R8CCCqD.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I can take a picture of my old Kobalt  Williams USA sockets, I have the full 3/8" master set. Here's a semi-old phone pic:

R8CCCqD.jpg

Wow thats awsome Id Kill to find a set like that. They are worth more than you payed new now and they are only tools i can think of thats like that. Ill keep hunting for a ratchet. I dont know if i have a set of sockets but ive bought all ive found.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 2:25 PM, pancing said:

I have a Few of the older ratchets but no sockets, I have the newer sockets which are taiwanese made

I have the other way around. There is also Danaher usa Kobalt which dont The deep knurling "ring" around bottom and different chrome and font. I got some of those and the taiwan. How well do you like the ratchets. Ive never tried one.

16 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I can take a picture of my old Kobalt Williams USA sockets, I have the full 3/8" master set. Here's a semi-old phone pic:

R8CCCqD.jpg

meh. i only have the ratchet from that set, someone stole the damn thing from my jeep a few years back but I had the ratchet in my pocket

• Like 1

I hear ya about not wanting to use them, if you break it you will get a cheapo China when you try to warranty it. I just collect mine and use my wright sockets and snap on because if it breaks I get brand new of even better quality no down grade.  New buys were on eBay I got 3/8 snap on for 20 f720 model and a corwell 3/8 in 1/4 body I can't wait to get that one and I paid 17 bucks shipped for it and also got a new Wera kraftform Voltage/circuit tester for $10 and you can't beat that I'd suggest you guys looking into that one I can't wait to get it. I've been buying a lot of electrical tools up. Bought a Klein clamp/multi meter with nice leads for $2 at pawn shop out of tool bin I aware they are dumb there lol also got Mac parakeet pliers for $1..cool drill press by the way, I'm looking for a old vise like a yost. I love vintage tools. 

• Like 1