Putting it in perspective

BMack37

This past week I've been sulking a lot. I haven't picked up the results of the X-ray but my doctor is pretty sure I have a broken finger. This has been especially frustrating because it's constantly being irritated(pain) at work and I have a ton of things I need to get done, add that to some money woes and I've been pretty down in the dumps. Last night I injured my knee and I can barely walk so now I was really down...then I went on FB. A friend of mine(that I'm not extremely close to) that I've know for years lost his Wife yesterday. He's a great guy and she was a wonderful person/mother/wife. This really put my sulking into perspective, I couldn't imagine loosing a wife and have to tell a child that their Mom is gone forever. Please keep in mind that no matter how crappy things seem, it could be worse. Lean on those that care about you and make sure they know how you feel, you never know when you might lose someone, she wasn't even 35 years old.

• Like 1

Personal perspective has that way of biting you on the arse at  times. For all of the issues I deal with on a daily basis, I know that there are those around me that are fighting things that would make me collapse under the weight. Such as the friend who recently announced that he was just diagnosed with cancer for the fourth time, who is also going through a divorce, and yet still seems to be able to maintain a positive attitude and confidence that he will come out on top and beat it again. Many of my issues seem somewhat trivial in comparison.

I am alive. This is my response to people who ask how I am doing. Some people get it, and others seem to think it is a pessimistic comment. I am still on two feet, walking on my own. When visiting the VA hospital, I see so many who are not as fortunate to still be fully mobile, and my personal perspective readjusts each time for every example life displays for me of what could be.

I woke up on the right side of the dirt today. I hope to again tomorrow as well. The rest is just life in between moments going forward, and pain is a reminder that sometimes we need to slow down, even when it seems like it's impossible to do so. I would really like to be able to run again though, instead of walking all the time...

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that. My 1st wife passed at 38 and I was left to raise a 9 and 12 year old.  I thought the world was coming to and end. But as time moves on you pick your self up and move on because when you take a hard look around you someone is going through something much worst

That's a real blow, brings you back to earth with an unpleasant bump... sorry to hear bmack, and good advie rego, i couldn't imagine it happening to me, I know i've said it before, I still need her... i'll always need her

Right now, my lower back hurts! My favorite chiropractor isn't available for awhile...big deal, look around me, my wife is doing her clinical and has a patient that is now a quadriplegic only a month ago... 42 year old woman, what a readjustment that's going to be....

Very wise words being shared here, thank you for the comments. I wanted to make this post for this very reason, maybe we have a friend on here that may be fighting depression(as I do a lot) and it may help them.

Rego, thanks for sharing that. I guess there's always a brightside too. Your 1st wife lives on through your children and I'm sure the three of you dealt with the loss better because you had each other. Even the worst storm breaks and the sun comes out.

• Like 1

I believe its an old saying, i may even have it wrong..

I cried that i had no shoes, until i met a man with no feet........

sorry to hear about your friend,  and i also hope you feel better Bmack ! 

Time will help, stay strong ''

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

I believe its an old saying, i may even have it wrong..

I cried that i had no shoes, until i met a man with no feet........

sorry to hear about your friend,  and i also hope you feel better Bmack ! 

Time will help, stay strong ''

Thanks brother! I feel fine right now, it really did put everything in perspective. A little pain meh, I'm just worried about Tim and their kid. I will say, I've sent a lot of texts to friends that I don't talk to enough.

• Like 2