Milwaukee one key technology really worth it?

Kale

Well everyone I absolutely love Milwaukee by far my favorite and while having all these thoughts of upgrading my kit I am gonna start with the impact and drill. I am just wondering if one key technology is worth the extra money? Let me know your guys opinions! 

I've thought of it being a marketing thing, sure there may be some out there that will benefit from it bit not most of the serious DIYers I personally have no use for it regardless of what it may or may not do

I think I would like the electronic clutch but I hardly ever use the torque settings.  And as far as kickback goes, even with the regular 2704 drill the anti kickback works so well probably the best I've used. In high speed I have zero fear of getting my wrists torqued, in low speed it's possible but manageable. I don't think I've ever used or needed the side handle.  

Also it might be in my head but my co-worker got the one key version drill and it seemed more powerful than my non one key drill even tho they are spec'd the same. Also when he was playing around with the app I swear I saw an adjustment for speed up to 2100 rpm even tho it's spec'd at 2000 rpm. Maybe someone with the drill can confirm that

I love it, especially in the sawzall, but it could use a serious update, like sterco said, the tracking could be better, although it doesn't use GPS, but rather Bluetooth to your phone and that tells you the location it was at last. It also lets you know if you're within range of it...

There are endless customizations I think Milwaukee could allow the user to control, such as auto reverse and the like.....

I take it your tools are still SOL, @Stercorarius

I think its a ripper but a working progress. Gps tracking will take a while for peer sharing to build and work but i think its more for bosses with lots of workers atm. Only my 2 cents worth. But i do think its a GREAT system and will build into something amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So for the original question, I don't exactly think it's worth it, knowing how much further they could take it... if there was a lot more user customization, i would say HECK YEAH!

Things I would love to see in the OneKey software for tool control:

Adaptive learning, where I would start a repetitive process, it would learn my trigger controls, and if i reverse, then repeat the process for the next 100 or so whatever I'm doing. ... drilling holes, or thread tapping, I think that would be sweet

If that's not possible, I want to be able to map exactly what happens after I pull the trigger (speeding up, slowing down, reversing, etc) so repetitive tasks become simplified. I want my tool to work for me as much as possible, while I focus on the task, and the next steps ahead. Also to flash the light under a certain circumstance, as another example

I want the sawzall to be able to start real slow, then when it senses a load when i start cutting, ramp it up to whatever speed i've set. This is for when you're starting a cut and just start to score the material, you don't want it jumping around on you, then it can ramp up once you start bearing down on it. Yes, it has slow start, but it's not slow long enough sometimes.

This is all at the software level, it can't be that difficult, they have already laid the groundwork, just release a stellar update and I think Milwaukee will have a killer system here....

Any other ideas you guys want to chime in, would love to brainstorm this

• Like 1

So for the original question, I don't exactly think it's worth it, knowing how much further they could take it... if there was a lot more user customization, i would say HECK YEAH!

Things I would love to see in the OneKey software for tool control:

Adaptive learning, where I would start a repetitive process, it would learn my trigger controls, and if i reverse, then repeat the process for the next 100 or so whatever I'm doing. ... drilling holes, or thread tapping, I think that would be sweet

If that's not possible, I want to be able to map exactly what happens after I pull the trigger (speeding up, slowing down, reversing, etc) so repetitive tasks become simplified. I want my tool to work for me as much as possible, while I focus on the task, and the next steps ahead. Also to flash the light under a certain circumstance, as another example

I want the sawzall to be able to start real slow, then when it senses a load when i start cutting, ramp it up to whatever speed i've set. This is for when you're starting a cut and just start to score the material, you don't want it jumping around on you, then it can ramp up once you start bearing down on it. Yes, it has slow start, but it's not slow long enough sometimes.

This is all at the software level, it can't be that difficult, they have already laid the groundwork, just release a stellar update and I think Milwaukee will have a killer system here....

Any other ideas you guys want to chime in, would love to brainstorm this

Might as just connect a robot to it lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1