Got screwed by ToolNut group.... again...

JMG

Just over a year ago I had ordered an adapter for the Fein supercut that I had acquired from ToolNut. The cordless supercut kit was one of those specials that they had offered and was a fantastic deal for an outstanding product. The adapter that I received from them, however, was a piece of crap, not worthy of the Fein name on the packaging. It did not fit into the tool properly, and also set the tooling on the tool approx. ten degree offset alignment. The end result of that order was being told by ToolNut that this was a known issue...

Last week, while cruising their Festool site, I found an offer for the adapter that looked like the issue had been corrected. I ordered one.

feinadap.jpg

This is the correct rendition of what the adapter should look like, and one that would slip into the end of the shaft on the supercut. This is also the picture they use on their site.

What I received from them again, was something that looked like this...

badadap.jpg

This adapter does not fit into the end of the shaft but sits on top in a manner that rocks back and forth, until you lock the shaft into the tool. It also misaligns the blades.

This is a known issue and yet ToolNut group is still selling this piece of crap using a picture that does not represent what they are selling.

I am disappointed, to say the least.

That sucks, what's worse is that you'll complain and they'll refund you but they won't change the picture. That's why I like small shops like KCTool, I've found typos or asked them to add COO to the Wiha ratchets, and they did! That's above and beyond by far, I admit the COO request was an unreasonable request but they still thought it was the right thing to do.

Just got off of the phone with the ToolNut sales manager. They are going to update the picture on their website to reflect the actual item that is being sold, in that they are going to physically photograph the actual item they have in stock. We also talked about the adapter and some of the conversations he has had with Fein about the issues that it has. Fein seems to think that there is no problem with the adapter not being in line with the tool (as in their mind it does not hinder tool function), and is not considering adjusting any new production runs of the adapter to correct any misalignments. Fein is also responsible for issuing the original picture in use on most websites that sell these products for them.

What boggles the mind in all of this is that Fein has a picture of an adapter that would work properly, but is selling a sub-standard item that does not match their own rendition of it, or even the level of fit and engineering I would normally attribute to their products. I have had Fein power tools in my tool kit for more than a decade, and based on those tools and their performance, I fail to mentally grasp their inability to adjust something that does not live up to the same standards of engineering I see in my own hands.

As it stands, I will be re-cutting the tool holder end of the adapter to reflect a shape and alignment that will work for my personal preferences, once I clear the space out around my end mill next spring.

• Like 1

As yet they still have not adjusted the picture... The only item on the page is a small print warning that the adapter may not align the blades with the tool, and that evidently has been there for awhile.