Flip top tool stand build

rrich1

Bought the instructions from www.fixthisbuildthat.com over black Friday. I bought everything but the star knobs this week. I am using 3/4" sanded plywood. For more details on specs I urge you to purchase the plans. So far I have the pieces cut out and am about to start the actual build. Not sure of I will be able to finish tomorrow night or not.

b0dde47063d71a82da2f453caeef5664.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've loved that cabinet ever since I saw it posted awhile back.

what would it take to get you to scan those plans into PDF and share them? 

With them being for sale I don't think it would be right for me to do that.

Didn't get to far. I stopped to watch a movie with the wife tonight. Main body is complete. The screws I have are to small for the castor holes and I don't have the right sized washers either. I'll go to ace later today when I go to the gym.

361b4a50ea0032b016beb5e3a2d2d5d1.jpg

• Like 2

@ChrisK I'll for sure give a review on it. initial thoughts and then a follow up on it. At the moment I dont have a second tool to put on it. Just the Dewalt planer right now. Maybe in the future Ill get the Ridgid sander. 

Well looks like I wont get it finished today. I watched the kids this morning and then my chief asked me to work some OT today on my last day of vacation. Might get a little bit done tonight but we shall see. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

@ChrisK I'll for sure give a review on it. initial thoughts and then a follow up on it. At the moment I dont have a second tool to put on it. Just the Dewalt planer right now. Maybe in the future Ill get the Ridgid sander. 

Well looks like I wont get it finished today. I watched the kids this morning and then my chief asked me to work some OT today on my last day of vacation. Might get a little bit done tonight but we shall see. 

Dude, I return to duty Monday. Six weeks of FMLA. It's going to be hard going back but my supervisor and my secretary covered everything for me. I'm a lucky dude!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Dude, I return to duty Monday. Six weeks of FMLA. It's going to be hard going back but my supervisor and my secretary covered everything for me. I'm a lucky dude!

took 6 weeks for the kid? I think I took a week each for my kids lol. wife took 3 mo each time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

took 6 weeks for the kid? I think I took a week each for my kids lol. wife took 3 mo each time

Yeah, Will was premature and had some medical issues so we were staying at a Ronald McDonald house in Portland Maine for a month. This is our second week home!

• Like 1

Thanks bro! I lucked out and was vested in what was arguably one of the best retirement systems in the USA. Twenty years or 45 yo. I started at 28 so I have a year and a half however I can actually go now as I'm 46. I would take a pretty big hit on my pension so am going for the 20 years of service. I will get 50% plus my buy out and details though truthfully I never work details. Should amount to a decent enough check that can be supplemented with a part time job.

The State screwed a bunch of cops and firemen from our self funded pensions but because of my length of service I was completely vested 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Thanks bro! I lucked out and was vested in what was arguably one of the best retirement systems in the USA. Twenty years or 45 yo. I started at 28 so I have a year and a half however I can actually go now as I'm 46. I would take a pretty big hit on my pension so am going for the 20 years of service. I will get 50% plus my buy out and details though truthfully I never work details. Should amount to a decent enough check that can be supplemented with a part time job.

I got in before Illinois changed the tier system in 2011 changing it from 20/50 to 20/55. getting me a much better pension as well. im only 31 so got a ways to go still. wife is younger than me anyways and being a nurse she will work well past me.

• Like 1

I got the right pipe last night and cut it today. Last night I was able to get the entire floor top table put together as well. Today I sanded the parts and put the drawers onto the main body. Didn't have time to get the drawer slides onto the drawer itself.

42ac0d94add8d31852275236b79cffac.jpg
249b78011a4c04097806e6ad0e9a58da.jpg

• Like 3

Finished the stand today. I had the planer perfectly centered then messed that up by using too big of a drill bit for my lag screws. I moved it about an inch to the front of the planer. This kinda sorta worked out because I leave the exit table down and the dust port attached.

d8712ea0eff32f30cb48c6466b217abe.jpg
2b34f14e308e0ecc0679cd64a795627d.jpg

• Like 5

I've been eyeing this thread since you started it and I think I see a couple of these in my near future. I'll have to make it taller though. I'd like to mount my scroll saw and bench top bandsaw on one, and my combo sander and scroll saw on the other. 

I thought about bout trying to fab one out of metal, but this looks like a simpler build. 

• Like 2