Best Drill under $100?

Danyal_Ahmad

Hi ToolsInAction forum/community, 

I was wondering what you guys think is the best drill under $100.

I purchased this one a few weeks back, based on the price and company reputation I thought it would not be adequate for anything I would like, so I would gift it to a friend or family member who did not have one. This drill has proven me incorrect time and time again. It does an incredible job for its price-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094B9BHE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if I would recommend it to someone who would like to use it for professional use, though. I have not done long term testing or endurance over consistent use.  

If you just need something to make holes in a wall or put together furniture, it will be more than enough.

• Like 1

If I had $100 budget for a drill, it would be one of these:

Dewalt DCD771C2

or

Makita XPH012 

Personally I would go with the Makita if I were looking for an all around drill, as it has a hammer function and a full size battery. The Dewalt is a good compact option though. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

If I had $100 budget for a drill, it would be one of these:

Dewalt DCD771C2

or

Makita XPH012 

Personally I would go with the Makita if I were looking for an all around drill, as it has a hammer function and a full size battery. The Dewalt is a good compact option though. 

Yup I was going to say the DeWalt DCD771 as well. For a homeowner Ryobi or Rigid would fit the bill too.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ONE-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Compact-Drill-Driver-Kit-P1811/205651590

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-2-in-Cordless-Compact-Drill-Driver-Kit-R860052K/205690161

16 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

A hundred bucks wil get you a decent tool and an opening into an entire tool line if you opt to go cordless. Milwaukee, Ryobi, Ridgid, Dewalt, Makita and Bosch normally has a really nice compact 18v. 

Also, welcome to the forum!

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, cordless drills are a gateway drug. The bait you in cheap, next thing you know you have more batteries than friends.

• Like 4

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, cordless drills are a gateway drug. The bait you in cheap, next thing you know you have more batteries than friends.

Lol. I was looking at drill kits just as a cheap way to get into other battery platforms before Christmas. A holiday sale made a impact driver kit the same price as the drill. I need it more often than a drill, so I have a new battery platform to throw money at. I want the Ridgid cordless router so I'll probably be using a drill kit as a way into that platform.

If they don't make the tool you want in a kit, the drill kit is the way to go because it's going to be cheaper than buying a battery and charger most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my first Milwaukee M18 compact drill, impact driver, two batteries, charger and bag for $119 Reconditioned.

My first M12 purchase was M12 drill, M12 Hackzall, two batteries, charger and big bag for $99($69 with the Dewalt deal with returned Dewalt).

That M12 non-fuel drill is a lot more powerful than you expect. It's more powerful than my friends 20V Porter Cable drill and it's actually more powerful than the shop's old corded drill.

Home Depot and Lowes both have a Bosch drill kit for $99 and I'm trying to resist the urge to get it because I know I'll end up with 10 Bosch tools (because now I have a battery so I don't need a kit and that bare tool isn't really that much) that I never use because I have my Milwaukee's.

Home Depot and Lowes both have a Bosch drill kit for $99 and I'm trying to resist the urge to get it because I know I'll end up with 10 Bosch tools (because now I have a battery so I don't need a kit and that bare tool isn't really that much) that I never use because I have my Milwaukee's.

Wireless charge kit is a good addition to that line up, plus they have one of the better cordless OMTs