DCD777C2,DCK277C2, and DCF787

Jronman

This lil'guy snuck under my radar. It's a new DeWALT entry level compact drill. It's essentially the same as the DCD780, DeWALT's entry level drill, except its now brushless and has design features of the other brushless DeWALT tools. Comes in a kit with 2 compact 1.5 amp/hr batteries and the slow 20v charger. There is also another kit that comes with the same items except a new impact is included. its like the DCF885 except has same design changes as the drill got. It also got the new chuck from the DCF887 impact driver. The impact is unavailable in its own kit and neither tools have a bare tool option at the moment. Was an interesting choice to go with 1.5 amp/hr pack since its a brushless tool. Also was interesting that the included charger is the slow charger. Neither is surprising considering this is intended to be a cheaper DeWALT kit.

• Like 2

Its been out for only about a month or so, Stuart from ToolGuyD posted some info: http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-dcd777-brushless-cordless-drill/ and the online specs of the DCF787 are (last I checked) nonexistent but I did see the kit at Lowes and its rated at 1500 in-lbs and is EXACTLY like the DCF886 with the chuck of a DCF887. 

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCK277C2-Compact-Brushless-Impact/dp/B01KZNDYT0/?tag=toolguyd-20#productDetails

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a diy'er and purchased this drill about a month ago to replace the dcd771(I hated it), and so far it has not disappointed...It did come with two 1.5 batts and a slow charger but I already have two 2.0 xr batts and a fast charger so not a huge deal. Actually now I have two chargers and four batteries for all my dewalt 20v tools... the dcd771 performed well for me but it was a bit too long and it actually looked like a toy....my .02

• Like 1