new milwaukee speaker system

mohawkdec

has anyone heard this system yet. My local home depot tried to pair it up with his phone but was having problems. He says its a dewalt tough system radio killer in sound quality, but of course he has to say that. It has six speakers, dual 40 amp, 2.1 usb, runs off m12, m18, and ac.also bluetooth. strictly a speaker system, i got to handle it but not listen to it. its nice and compact

2891-20_1.png

I like mine a lot, it's super easy to pair and battery life is good. Sound quality is great for everything other than bass heavy tracks. When I use it outside and am within 30 feet I don't even have it up all the way. About 15 feet away, with ear plugs and using a grinder I could barely hear it at half volume, hearing it at all is pretty damn good if you ask me.

• Like 1

thanks knarlycarl, and bmack, for your imput,im going to grab one of my 12v 6.0 and try it out at home depot today, im looking for something smaller to go along with my toughsystem radio. there are plenty of times i just dont need all that sound, like when im working in some ones house. but i want to have nice sound also, and this unit will accept my phone as well as my ipod, well see.

• Like 1

Some of the speakers on it are passive radiators like the second "speaker" on the bottom of the toughsystem radio. The charger one @KnarlyCarl has seems better value in my eyes, barely a price premium for a charger and radio tuner. 

Nice looking unit but from what I've read it won't keep pace with the toughsystem (what will?).

For what it's worth, I can hear my Bosch cube clearly at work from 40+ feet away with earplugs in and over pneumatic pumps popping 100+ strokes per minute, and isn't considered one of the loudest radios out there. This should keep up no problem with any volume concerns. 

• Like 1