Battery chargers? The good and the bad..

Kale

Hey everyone my battery charger at home has taken a turn for the worst and died recently. I need to get a new one and I honestly I don't know if there's something out that's the cats meow. I'm not to up to date on them so idk what's good and bad. Not looking to spend over $200 and anything under would be great it's gotta be able to jump my vehicles which are all diesels and excavators. Let me know if anyone has any preferences was looking into this one but a little more amps would be nice 

http://www.ruralking.com/cat-40-amp-wheel-charger-with-110-amp-engine-start-cbc40ew.html

I had a super nice charger for over 20 years and it worked great but it got some corrosion in the diode assembly and burned out. I should have fixed it but tossed it.

I bought a nice Schumacher for about $225 that has plenty of amps and timer to replace it.  What it does not have is microprocessor automatic controller.  I miss that enough I will probably replace it with a more expensive Schumacher this summer.

Without the automatic control you are somewhat guessing at your charge with the timer.