Festool buying Sawstop!?!

khariV

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I will say though, going into the shop and being surrounded dead by all that green and ,y big black and red beauty gives me a happy feeling somewhere down low.

In the basement ? Right ????

????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, khariV said:

Just read it over on Toolguyd.  So does that mean we're going to have a green table saw in the near future?  What will it be called - Stopex?

there actually already is a festool table saw just a europe only thing. I think it is called the precisio.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 2:57 PM, ChrisK said:

I will say though, going into the shop and being surrounded dead by all that green and ,y big black and red beauty gives me a happy feeling somewhere down low.

Yeah, it gives you happy feet! RIght!!?

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 1:30 PM, khariV said:

Just read it over on Toolguyd.  So does that mean we're going to have a green table saw in the near future?  What will it be called - Stopex?

Highly doubt anything will change, just like other acquisitions we've seen... maybe they'll incorporate their yearly price hike though, that would be cruel

Hmmm, trying to figure out how I feel about this... do I set aside my hatred of Sawstop because of my desire to get some Festool sanders, or do I begin to shun Festool because I despise Sawstop?

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Think of it this way. Festool is Luke and SawStop is Vader/Anakin. Vader is bad then Luke helps Vader become good again.

Star Wars comparisons are lost on me...

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

oh @ChrisK mentioned the dark side so I figured it was a star wars reference. But basically the good guy turns the bad guy into a good guy.

Yeah, I was thinking of the meme that says, "come to the dark side. We have cookies."

Mmmm, cookies.