help finding quick disconnect drill motors

bkelly

I need to buy a battery powered screwdriver/drill "without" a standard chuck, with a hex quick disconnect.  My searches keep turning up all kinds of crap but not the actual drill motors.  I want something recent with maybe an 18 volt battery.  I don't care to go for the absolute top of the line, but very much prefer to pay for a good quality tool.

And I want a reasonable selection of driving bits and drills to go with it.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by bkelly
typo

1 hour ago, SetBuilder said:

A drill has a standard chuck, a 1/4 impact driver has a hex quick disconnect 

There are impact drivers  and drills with hex chucks. I have one of each from Bosch. The drill has a multiposition clutch and no impact function, like any drill driver. There are many on the market. They are virtually all 12 volt so the OP is not likely to find an 18 volt.

Milwaukee makes some m12 drill drivers that have the 1/4" hex, model 2402 I believe is their newest.  Another option might be a metabo 18v drill I believe they call them a "quick system" where the standard chuck pops off leaving a 1/4" hex drive.  I'm sure there are other options from other companies but these are ones I know of off the top of my head.

I don't know where you're from but a quick Home Depot search in the 12v drill/drivers you can find them.  Bosch, Makita, and Milwaukee all have pretty big lineups of 12v tools if that's important to you.  HiltI really doesn't have many 12v tools but if I weren't going to buy any other tools I think its the one I would lean towards but I really don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Hilti https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hilti-SFD-2-A-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-1-4-in-Drill-Driver-with-CA-B12-Adapter-3540143/207131850

Bosch https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Electric-1-4-in-Hex-2-Speed-Pocket-Driver-with-2-2-0-Ah-Batteries-and-Carrying-Case-PS22-02/204823317

Makita https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-12-Volt-Max-CXT-Lithium-Ion-1-4-in-Hex-Cordless-Driver-Drill-Kit-with-2-Batteries-2-0-Ah-Charger-and-Hard-Case-FD06R1/206759376

Milwaukee https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-FUEL-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-1-4-in-Hex-2-Speed-Screwdriver-Kit-W-2-2-0h-Batteries-Hard-Case-2402-22/203835503

On 8/19/2018 at 5:49 PM, bkelly said:

Hello,

The 18 V was imply something more recent than 3.6 or somewhere around there.  12 volt is fine.  That Milwaukee M12 sounds good.  I will start by looking at it.

Thank you.

Have you looked at the 12v Bosch Flexiclick? It has the hex chuck and the standard jaw chuck. It also has an offset hex chuck and a right angle chuck. Other brands have similar kinds of systems like as mentioned previously some of Metabo's 18v have multichuck drills, Festool has them in both 12v and 18v, Fein has one I think in 18v, and Milwaukee has one in m12 but it is not offered in the United States. If you don't want a multichuck option then Makita has recently just came out with a new 18v hybrid 4 mode driver that has a hex chuck and drill function. Personally I wouldn't go with a hex only drill. I would go with one of these multichuck options. The Bosch is what I would recommend.