Table saw mitre slot.

Creamslice

Ryobi’s table saw is pretty dated and designed at a time when I would say Ryobi was really dug into only providing the bare minimum DIY utility at the lowest prices they could muster. I feel the last two years have reflected a mild (but to me welcome) shift into more mid-grade marketing and I very much hope if they replace their table saw with a newer model it will be much closer to the quality of table saws you get from Ridgid or Kobalt.

I like Ryobi as a backup or DIY platform but their tablesaw is one of their few products that I would actively discourage people from buying because it is just so compromised to hit a price point. I just don’t think that’s what any company should do with a tool that carries so much associated danger.

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2021 at 6:44 PM, Creamslice said:

Why does Ryobi make its table saws with a non standard mitre slot.  I want a precision cross-cut fence but I am happy to pay the £100 but then I will have to pay for an engineer to modify the bar.  I would also like a crosscut sled but the non- standard mitre slot makes this very difficult.

Have you been able to find a workaround or other solution to the Ryobi non-standard mitre slot? I also would like to build a cross-cut sled but Ryobi has made it unnecessarily difficult.