Dewalt DWS774 Mitre Saw

AndyUK

Hi,

I have just received my new Mitre saw, I have never had one before. I wondered if any one else has one and can confirm something for me. When I pull down the saw without opening the cover it catches the ruler and bends to the left.

This maybe normal, and I know it won't catch it when the cover is open, but I just wanted to check its manufactured correctly as it seemed odd to me, and I didn't want inaccurate cuts somehow in the future.

Here's a video to show what I mean...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s6Ry3AbpNHg17hLc9

• 2 weeks later...

But surely only the safety cover is bending, so it's not really a problem? I don't have one of those saws, but if the blade is deflecting then that's a separate issue and not normal at all.

That back fence does seem to be very close to the blade. It's very possible that in manufacture they have just bolted it a little too far over to the right. Again, I don't have one of these saws but I would look behind and undo any bolts and move it over just a little until the safety cover misses the fence. Having said that, you are right in that you aren't going to operate it with the safety in place so in reality it's never going to be a problem.